Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How do you handle the chaos that comes with getting back into the school routine?

Posted by   + Show Post

The Back to School season is among us and that means lot of running around and juggling multiple responsibilities & hectic schedules.  

Getting the kids to school, shuffling them to after school activities & recreational sports, house chores, last minute errands... the list goes on and on.

We gave 20 moms of CafeMom a $100 American Express gift card to go shopping for any of their last minute Back to School needs.  We asked them to tell us what they bought but also to share their thoughts on staying connected with the kids, keeping their kids safe and more.

How do you handle the chaos that comes with getting back into the school routine?

busy mom         school bus

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Replies (41-50):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Well, this year has been pretty challenging so when school time came, we just jumped right in with the early morning schedule again and things have been ok.

Kmakksmom
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Even though we have 5 kids who go to 4 different schools, our lives aren't chaotic. We are a pretty chill family.
matt_sara_mom
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

That juice trick is brilliant! I admit I am of the trying to shove icecube side and HATE it.

Quoting RobynS:

I try to prepare as much as I can the night before. It's been hot, so I fill DS's juice bottle about halfway and put it in the freezer the night before, then fill the rest of the way in the morning. Sounds like a small thing, but last year I was always trying to shove ice cubes into the little hole in the bottle and it took forever! LOL

Mom2jngnc
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Quoting CafeMom Team:

busy mom         school bus

See what happens when you take a kid to an appointment. You miss an email about an influencer.... lol

I am still working on the chaos.... see signature! 

My oldest started classes on Aug. 26 at the local community college. 
Then my younger 3 started in our public schools on Sept. 4.

We had 3 days of JV soccer tryouts in August, then 4 days of 8/9 soccer tryouts (Sept, 3 to 6). Recreation Soccer started on August 27, that is my younger 4 all at once at the same fields (practice that is, games are a different ball game). 

We did end up with G doing 8/9 soccer (he did get cut from JV). 

High Point (mid week Church program for grades K to 5) and Youth Group (grades 6 to 12) started up last night.

Girl Scouts start up next Wed. night (every other week).

And did I mention that Sept 29 my husband's work schedule changes? Yes, 2 1/2 weeks notice!

We never control the chaos, we just roll with it... and recruit drivers....lol 

strictmomhere
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Our transition has gone well:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
timon95
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:35 PM

i enjoy the chaos of back to school. we homeschool so the schooling part is easy. It's the after school that gets busy. dd dances 4 days a week, ds bowls twice a week and they both have AWANA one night a week. Friday is the rush day for us, both of their activities are scheduled at the same time. just need to get dd some new hip hop shoes.

countrygirlkat
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:19 AM

My boys would love that Lego Ninjago shirt!

Quoting kgmmw:

Mobile Photo

Hello ;) I'm Kimberly. I live in Ky. I have four kids ages 8,7,5 and a 2 wk old. My dd is in the third grade,ds is in the second grade, and my 5 yr old ds is in kindergarten.

In our household we are very busy. With a newborn I am busy throughout the day while the kids are at school but once the kids get home it's total chaos. Although they aren't in activities just yet, we are busy doing homework, eating dinner, baths, story time and bed. We always get school clothes and book bags out at night time to make the mornings a little easier.

We started back to school shopping a little before school started but didn't buy too much. On our shopping trip we got clothes for each kid in school. We found lots of great end of summer deals. The kids really enjoyed picking out new clothes. Here is a picture of all the great clothes we got.

.Angelica.
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:19 AM
1 mom liked this

this is my first time on the parent side of back to school. lol. we are doing online school, but he will attend classes two days a week. those start monday. we'll see how it goes...

kgmmw
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
My 5 yr old loves that shirt and wants to wear it all the time lol

Quoting countrygirlkat:

My boys would love that Lego Ninjago shirt!

Quoting kgmmw:

Mobile Photo

Hello ;) I'm Kimberly. I live in Ky. I have four kids ages 8,7,5 and a 2 wk old. My dd is in the third grade,ds is in the second grade, and my 5 yr old ds is in kindergarten.

In our household we are very busy. With a newborn I am busy throughout the day while the kids are at school but once the kids get home it's total chaos. Although they aren't in activities just yet, we are busy doing homework, eating dinner, baths, story time and bed. We always get school clothes and book bags out at night time to make the mornings a little easier.

We started back to school shopping a little before school started but didn't buy too much. On our shopping trip we got clothes for each kid in school. We found lots of great end of summer deals. The kids really enjoyed picking out new clothes. Here is a picture of all the great clothes we got.

kgmmw
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Good luck ;)

Quoting .Angelica.:

this is my first time on the parent side of back to school. lol. we are doing online school, but he will attend classes two days a week. those start monday. we'll see how it goes...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN