Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How do you handle the chaos that comes with getting back into the school routine?

Posted by   + Show Post

The Back to School season is among us and that means lot of running around and juggling multiple responsibilities & hectic schedules.  

Getting the kids to school, shuffling them to after school activities & recreational sports, house chores, last minute errands... the list goes on and on.

We gave 20 moms of CafeMom a $100 American Express gift card to go shopping for any of their last minute Back to School needs.  We asked them to tell us what they bought but also to share their thoughts on staying connected with the kids, keeping their kids safe and more.

How do you handle the chaos that comes with getting back into the school routine?

busy mom         school bus

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Replies (61-70):
dusky_rose
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 4:17 PM

What I need to get caught up on is the mess that is my desk! LOL I just keep piling papers on top of papers and I can't find a thing. Right now, in front of my computer ever has papers. *sigh* Maybe I will work on that this weekend if I am lucky.

Bob192
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 5:17 PM

You got lots of great clothes!

Quoting kgmmw:

Mobile Photo

Hello ;) I'm Kimberly. I live in Ky. I have four kids ages 8,7,5 and a 2 wk old. My dd is in the third grade,ds is in the second grade, and my 5 yr old ds is in kindergarten.

In our household we are very busy. With a newborn I am busy throughout the day while the kids are at school but once the kids get home it's total chaos. Although they aren't in activities just yet, we are busy doing homework, eating dinner, baths, story time and bed. We always get school clothes and book bags out at night time to make the mornings a little easier.

We started back to school shopping a little before school started but didn't buy too much. On our shopping trip we got clothes for each kid in school. We found lots of great end of summer deals. The kids really enjoyed picking out new clothes. Here is a picture of all the great clothes we got.

Bob192
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Very Cute!!

Quoting aneela:

they look soooooooo cool in their hats

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Jason Aldean Resistol Asphalt Cowboy Hat

Shipping: Factory Shipped-allow extra 2-4 weeks for delivery
Size: S

Bullhide Kingman 4X Black Wool Cowboy Hat
Shipping: Drop shipped directly from manufacturer
Size: 6 3/4

kgmmw
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Thank you ;)

Quoting Bob192:

You got lots of great clothes!

Quoting kgmmw:

Mobile Photo

Hello ;) I'm Kimberly. I live in Ky. I have four kids ages 8,7,5 and a 2 wk old. My dd is in the third grade,ds is in the second grade, and my 5 yr old ds is in kindergarten.

In our household we are very busy. With a newborn I am busy throughout the day while the kids are at school but once the kids get home it's total chaos. Although they aren't in activities just yet, we are busy doing homework, eating dinner, baths, story time and bed. We always get school clothes and book bags out at night time to make the mornings a little easier.

We started back to school shopping a little before school started but didn't buy too much. On our shopping trip we got clothes for each kid in school. We found lots of great end of summer deals. The kids really enjoyed picking out new clothes. Here is a picture of all the great clothes we got.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I actually love the back to school routine. Haven't had any chaos yet.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Great pics ladies! Thanks for sharing :)

RobynS
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 12:15 PM

It only took me a little over two years to figure out there was an easier way! LOL It just requires me remembering to put it in the freezer the night before. I'm getting better at it!

Quoting matt_sara_mom:

That juice trick is brilliant! I admit I am of the trying to shove icecube side and HATE it.

Quoting RobynS:

I try to prepare as much as I can the night before. It's been hot, so I fill DS's juice bottle about halfway and put it in the freezer the night before, then fill the rest of the way in the morning. Sounds like a small thing, but last year I was always trying to shove ice cubes into the little hole in the bottle and it took forever! LOL

countrygirlkat
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 1:24 PM

They sure think they do, lol!

Quoting aneela:

they look soooooooo cool in their hats

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Jason Aldean Resistol Asphalt Cowboy Hat

Shipping: Factory Shipped-allow extra 2-4 weeks for delivery
Size: S

Bullhide Kingman 4X Black Wool Cowboy Hat
Shipping: Drop shipped directly from manufacturer
Size: 6 3/4

Wish2Be
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I let the kids ease into the schedule. They have a chore they do everyday, but on days they have homework for the first month they dont have to do that chore. After that first 30 days....they do homework and the chore :)

Wish2Be
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 5:51 PM

My son would love that Super Mario shirt - where did you get that?!

Quoting kgmmw:

Mobile Photo

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN