Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Don't get this toy

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:30 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

We bought this toy V-tech sit to stand walker at once upon a child. It doesn't lock well. Our DS was using it learning to walk and fell. He busted his cheek open on it. Their original plan wasn't good. I found out there lots of accidents using it. 

These are 2 pics of it. The top tray comes off and change positions.

We wrote them and they sent us the new version which very stable and a lot better. This is the new version. The front detaches so they carry just that part.

Just wanted to let over know in case.

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Hope your little one is better....thanks for letting us know....

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Hope your little one is okay. Glad you got a new one.

hds_02
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I hope your kiddo will be okay.  The bottom pic is the version my daughter had.  She still has the front part of it and plays with it.

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 4, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Thanks for the info. Hope your LO is ok.

johnny4ever
Yesterday at 9:27 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Sep. 4, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Nice that they sent you a new one

Junebaby18
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Did you not realize that once upon a child sells USED toys? As in someone didn't want it or found out it wasn't safe and gave it away?
Akunkle1
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Or kids grow bored of their toys and don't play with them? They're not always because they're not safe.

Quoting Junebaby18:

Did you not realize that once upon a child sells USED toys? As in someone didn't want it or found out it wasn't safe and gave it away?

adove01
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I hope the little one is ok.  We had one of those alligator xylophones from fisher price and my son fell face first on it when he was 2 and split his head open.  Fisher Price sent him  a new toy and a check for him to pick out another toy.  Luckily he didn't have to get stitches, but he still has a scar and he's 13 now.

ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Bump
Junebaby18
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Quoting Akunkle1:

Or kids grow bored of their toys and don't play with them? They're not always because they're not safe.

Quoting Junebaby18:Did you not realize that once upon a child sells USED toys? As in someone didn't want it or found out it wasn't safe and gave it away?

I never said anything about because the toys were ALWAYS unsafe that they were donated. They were still USED. You as a parent need to do your own research on recalled toys and then when going to thrift stores not buying those unsafe recalled toys.

I'm really and truely sorry that your son got hurt. No child deserves to be injured.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN