Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Create a School Information Binder

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 55 Replies
1 mom liked this

If you have kids in school you have papers and papers and more papers.  Knowing what to keep and being able to quickly access important papers can be super helpful in a pinch.

I use a simple three ring binder and a 3 hole punch to keep the school papers all in one place.  If you have more than one child you can use multiple binders or just one binder with labeled dividers to keep the various school papers separated.  What school information should you keep in your binder?  It can be as simple or complicated as you need it to be, but I like to keep information that we may need to access at a later date, whether it's field trip information or parent information, I like having it all in one place. 

Here are a couple of my favorite school binder essential supplies and what I keep in the school binders:

• binder
  • 3 hole punch or plastic sleeves
  • dividers
  • supply pouch - pens, pencils, highlighter, post-it notes
  • school directory
  • important contact numbers and email addresses
  • school calendar
  • blank calendar to jot down important information
  • permission slips and field trip information
  • PTO/PTA information
  • fundraiser receipts and info

Do you have a school binder to keep track of all the important papers and information?  What are your binder must-haves?

Read about the Chevy Traverse at #TraverseTested

© iStockphoto (thebroker)

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:01 AM

I have 1 folder for school and teacher info. I keep receipts/order forms in my desk and as items come in I throw them away. I have a separate notebook and folder for PTO if I am involved in it that year. When I was president I had a whole file cabinet lol, but hopefully now I'll just need a notebook and folder.

RobynS
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Right now I just have important info from school in a folder in a hanging file.

kellynh
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I love this idea.. Thanks

alliesmom112
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:21 AM

We have one of these for Allie. I made it last year when started with speech and getting IEPs. It makes it much easier to keep track of all the paper work and even DH can find something if he needs it 

alliesmom112
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Her teacher also has a communication notebook that was on her supply list. She keeps a school calendar in it so we know if it is a gym day (this is very important when you have a child that wants to wear every kind of shoe except tennis shoes), cafeteria menu, site words, what they worked on that day and what they will be working on in the class room for the next month 

TerriC
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I do not, but what a great idea!

NearSeattleMom
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Good idea.  I stash all that stuff into a folder.

lalasmama2007
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I have a folder.  The school directory is online and so is the school calendar and contact info.

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I have a folder for each child with important information in it

Miranda1127
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Last year we did well w/our organizational wall (a blk board wall w/a white board and cork boards hung for easy organization and memo talking). This year w/dd having multiple teachers and tons of extra curricula rs I decided after the 1st day wed that te wall just wasn't going to work (her cork boards were overflowing and notes were cluttering the wall. It just looked so messy). The wall is now designated for sports/extras. So I put a binder together for the both of them on wed and the kitchen is much neater for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)