Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Bite??

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:32 PM
  • 7 Replies
My daughter has a red bite on her thigh. I can see the two little spots on the spot is hard around it. I just felt it and it feels warm. What's the best thing to do??
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SMInProgress
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:39 PM

If she's not allergic, benadryl. It should go down unless you really know she is highly allergic to insect bites or spider bites, then I would call ER & ask them what they should do.

adove01
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Sounds like a spider bite.  Benadryl would be my first choice and then maybe go to the dr just to make sure there isn't infection below the skin.  My youngest got bit by a spider in Florida a few years ago and they put her on steroids and antibiotics becsause they were thinking there was infection where it was all red and swollen.  Better safe than sorry.

.Peaches.
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Does she have a fever or is she irritable? If not, I would give her some Benedryl to take down the swelling with an ice pack- firmness doesn't necessarily mean infection, and warmness in the area of a bite isn't always bad. I'd keep an eye on it for the next few days. If it gets worse, or she starts acting lethargic or irritable or runs a fever, make an appointment to have it looked at.

I hope she feels better!

Allenmom48
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Okay thanks!  With the whole teething thing she's been running a slight fever for a few days, plus the ear infection.  So cranky, irratible baby is definitely what she is.  It looked a little less res this morning.  So hopefully it's going away.  On a side note, two teeth at once, poor baby is miserable.  Ugh to teething!

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Take a marker and draw a ring around the red area, if it grows outside the ring contact a doctor.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:23 AM
At this point I would just keep an eye on it. If it swells or turns real red I would have it looked at.
splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I would just keep an eye on it & if it gets worse call her pedi.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN