Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

NAACP & KKK Hold Bizarre Meeting: What Did They Talk About?

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:00 AM
  • 19 Replies

NAACP & KKK Hold Bizarre Meeting: What Did They Talk About?

by Jenny Erikson

Did you hear about the time that the KKK joined the NAACP? It sounds like the opening of a really bad and terribly racist joke, but it’s not. Because that just happened. Kind of.

Last Saturday, a secret meeting took place in Wyoming between Jimmy Simmons, a local representative of the NAACP, and John Abarr, a Ku Klux Klan organizer. The meeting ended with Abarr paying $50 to join the NAACP. That’s the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, people.

Does this strike anyone else as bizarre? It’s reported that Simmons is the one that asked for the meeting after hearing of KKK literature being distributed in nearby areas, and he said that the intent was to improve race relations.

Abarr is unsure if they accomplished anything and stated for the record, "We're not about violence. We're about being proud to be white."

Oh my gosh, I don’t care if someone is proud to be white, black, brown, red, yellow, or purple with polka dots and stripes, but why on Earth would they unabashedly associate themselves with a group of racity-racists? And then why would the NAACP lend legitimacy to such a group by hosting a meeting and letting their members join?

What were they thinking? What’s next? Jews reaching out to Nazi-sympathizers? There’s acceptance, and then there’s lunacy, and to me, this meeting falls into the latter category.

Do you think this meeting was a good idea?

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GagaNTattooS
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:03 AM
NAACP is just the blacks KKK. They have more in common then they know.
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:05 AM

I think anything to do with the kkk is idiotic.

Kooza
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:26 AM
2 moms liked this

Maybe it is a start in trying to understand each other.  We do have bigger battles to fight these days.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I find this hard to believe. It's crazy!
.Peaches.
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

How do you figure that?

GagaNTattooS
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Who was at the heart of the whole martin gz night mare. NAACP. They say whites are racist. So are they. They came to our open house for my son's school left very quickly because my son's charter school is so small and doesn't have enough "kids of color"

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

How do you figure that?

.Peaches.
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

Who was at the heart of the whole martin gz night mare. NAACP. They say whites are racist. So are they. They came to our open house for my son's school left very quickly because my son's charter school is so small and doesn't have enough "kids of color"

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

How do you figure that?

What does the NAACP supporting the Martin family have to do with the KKK?

Everyone thinks everyone else is racist- that's not even a new concept. There are racist whites and racist blacks. There are racist Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans, Indians, and any other race you can think of.

I don't know of any instance where the NAACP has a history of terrorizing black communities and being responsible for the hanging of black people simply for being black.

SiriSilasMom
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Or any other race for that matter.

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

How do you figure that?

What does the NAACP supporting the Martin family have to do with the KKK?

Everyone thinks everyone else is racist- that's not even a new concept. There are racist whites and racist blacks. There are racist Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans, Indians, and any other race you can think of.

I don't know of any instance where the NAACP has a history of terrorizing black communities and being responsible for the hanging of black people simply for being black.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:50 PM

interesting

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Never knew kkk still existed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)