Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

When?

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:45 PM
  • 13 Replies
Do u normal have ultra sounds? I mean is there a specific time line in normal pregnancies or just whenever the midwife/doc feels like it?
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mumof2ferals
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:49 PM

R u in America or australia??

.Peaches.
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Usually around 12-14 weeks, then again 22-25 weeks. They may do another around your 8th or 9th month, but it depends. For healthy pregnancies, its usually 2-3, but if you're high risk, it can be more. And it depends on your insurance, because they really only want to have to pay for the necessary ones.

I had....4 my first pregnancy (the last one was a bonus because my OB was attending a birth and the Ultrasound tech was bored), I had 3 with my middle, and 5 with my last (complicated pregnancy).

mileysmom331
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:55 PM
America

Quoting Mumof2ferals:

R u in America or australia??

mileysmom331
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:56 PM
The reason I ask is my friends that are pregnant are having tons of ultra sounds and their pregnancies are better than mine the only thing wrong with me is my bp I had tons with dd but that was complicated with my bp staying high all the time I just figured they would want to check weight at some point since I am almost 32 weeks

Quoting .Peaches.:

Usually around 12-14 weeks, then again 22-25 weeks. They may do another around your 8th or 9th month, but it depends. For healthy pregnancies, its usually 2-3, but if you're high risk, it can be more. And it depends on your insurance, because they really only want to have to pay for the necessary ones.

I had....4 my first pregnancy (the last one was a bonus because my OB was attending a birth and the Ultrasound tech was bored), I had 3 with my middle, and 5 with my last (complicated pregnancy).

slgilliam
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I was a high risk and I only had 2 ultra sounds. I had one at 20 weeks and another at 37 weeks. Most insurance companies only do one for "healthy/normal pregnancies and that is around 18-22 weeks. Anything other than that you pay for out of pocket. Of course it does make a difference what insurance you have and/or your OB practice. Some practices do more and insurance covers it.

.Peaches.
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Quoting mileysmom331:

The reason I ask is my friends that are pregnant are having tons of ultra sounds and their pregnancies are better than mine the only thing wrong with me is my bp I had tons with dd but that was complicated with my bp staying high all the time I just figured they would want to check weight at some point since I am almost 32 weeks

Quoting .Peaches.:

More ultrasounds don't mean better pregnancies- one doesn't have anything to do with the other. Their insurance is just probably willing to pay for more ultrasounds than yours.

If your BP isn't dangerously high, like I'm assuming it was with your previous pregnancy, there's really no reason for them to do another ultrasound. You may get one at the end, but its not guaranteed, especially if you're not having any problems.

When you go in next time, ask them if they're going to do another one. Your baby will be here before you know it, I know you're anxious.

Akunkle1
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Ii wouldn't be able to say normal. Army hospital had me have a bunch. I had 6. I had to do one of them because we were rear ended and had to make sure he was ok. 

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Usually early on for dating purposes and an anatomy scan at 20 weeks. 

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Weight checks are pretty much pointless and often very inaccurate. So there really is no reason for them to do one just for that reason.

Quoting mileysmom331:

Quoting .Peaches.:

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Out of four kids, I think I had one, maybe two ultra sounds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)