Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

anyone have any remedies for morning sickness??

Posted by   + Show Post

Im 4 weeks pregnant, and miserable. throughout the whole day, i get bursts of nausea that wont go away. I almost feel like I have the flu because of it. When I was Pregnant with my son, I got like this but not until 6-7 weeks. Anyone have any remedies for the nausea?

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
rosesink
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I always had to drink a full glass of water  (to dilute the stomach acid) first thing in the morning and then go ahead and throw up.  After that I was great for the rest of my day.  I tried crackers to start with and I spent the morning throwing up crackers.

Twix.Leigh
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:54 PM
I tried everything before giving in and asking my midwife for Diclectin. It has been a life saver, I can actually function and patent, and I can keep my job because of it!
Mind you because if my job, I have amazing coverage, so it was a lot less then it would have been. That stuff is expensive!
I know what you mean, with my boys I got sick from 9 and 7 weeks on. This one has been since 3 weeks :/
Good luck, and congrats!!!
MommySchatzi
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Ginger helps, pretty much in any form. The B.R.A.T. diet helps too.

CafeMom Tickers

Lilmama5683
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Saltine crackers and water right next to the bed miracle workers before u get up eat three or four and then drink some water after the nausea subsides

rgba
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Sea Bands. They cost around ten bucks at Walgreens. They are amazing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
famiglia_bella
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Cucumbers, just peel, slice, and nibble.  It helped me so much.  I tried ginger candies, but it only seemed to make it worse.  My mom would peel cucumbers and slice them into spears, and put them in a container so my dh wouldn't have to prepare them when "morning" sickness was in the middle of the night.  It was my only relief.

JT95687
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:55 AM

The few times I did get it (more often at night than in the morning) I would drink warm soda like Sprite or Ginger Ale and saltine crackers.  I switched to taking my prenatals at night after eating a light snack and that alleviated getting it.  Good luck and congrats! 

mamalove1023
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 3:40 AM

I heard that almonds work well.  Keep them at your beside, in your purse, in the car.  Worth a try. 

supercarp
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:23 AM

I was sick for about 8 out of 9 months with all of my girls. I only felt good while I was swallowing. Graze a lot. Be sure to stay away from any junk or you'll gain a ton.

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Sour candy, ginger snap cookies, & ginger chews helped to give me some relief. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)