Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

anyone have any remedies for morning sickness??

Posted by   + Show Post

Im 4 weeks pregnant, and miserable. throughout the whole day, i get bursts of nausea that wont go away. I almost feel like I have the flu because of it. When I was Pregnant with my son, I got like this but not until 6-7 weeks. Anyone have any remedies for the nausea?

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I always had to drink a full glass of water  (to dilute the stomach acid) first thing in the morning and then go ahead and throw up.  After that I was great for the rest of my day.  I tried crackers to start with and I spent the morning throwing up crackers.

by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:54 PM
I tried everything before giving in and asking my midwife for Diclectin. It has been a life saver, I can actually function and patent, and I can keep my job because of it!
Mind you because if my job, I have amazing coverage, so it was a lot less then it would have been. That stuff is expensive!
I know what you mean, with my boys I got sick from 9 and 7 weeks on. This one has been since 3 weeks :/
Good luck, and congrats!!!
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Ginger helps, pretty much in any form. The B.R.A.T. diet helps too.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Saltine crackers and water right next to the bed miracle workers before u get up eat three or four and then drink some water after the nausea subsides

by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Sea Bands. They cost around ten bucks at Walgreens. They are amazing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Cucumbers, just peel, slice, and nibble.  It helped me so much.  I tried ginger candies, but it only seemed to make it worse.  My mom would peel cucumbers and slice them into spears, and put them in a container so my dh wouldn't have to prepare them when "morning" sickness was in the middle of the night.  It was my only relief.

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:55 AM

The few times I did get it (more often at night than in the morning) I would drink warm soda like Sprite or Ginger Ale and saltine crackers.  I switched to taking my prenatals at night after eating a light snack and that alleviated getting it.  Good luck and congrats! 

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 3:40 AM

I heard that almonds work well.  Keep them at your beside, in your purse, in the car.  Worth a try. 

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:23 AM

I was sick for about 8 out of 9 months with all of my girls. I only felt good while I was swallowing. Graze a lot. Be sure to stay away from any junk or you'll gain a ton.

by Sarah on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Sour candy, ginger snap cookies, & ginger chews helped to give me some relief. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN