Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How early did you have everything ready for baby?

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:57 PM
  • 24 Replies

I feel like everyone in my due date group is already starting on their baby's rooms. I'm due in January. I know the holidays make things harder with a January baby & preparing. I'm still not even 100% decided on what all I want to do. Am I a major slacker? Did anyone else just not feel rushed to start the nursery? Baby won't be sleeping in there until shes older anyways so maybe thats why I just am not worried. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I still need the crib put up and I'm almost 39 weeks so don't feel bad.

Everything else is done but my baby won't be in his nursery right away either so I kind of don't feel the urgency either.
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 8, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I got ready early because every time I went for a check up they wanted me to do this or do that so I knew bed-rest was coming, and it did. So I wanted to be ready before I couldn't do anything anymore. Just take your time, it's not like babies are new to you =)

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Maybe its just because this is my 3rd. I don't feel massively rushed to do anything this time around. I know things will fall into place. As long as baby has a place to sleep (will be in my room), a carseat, diapers and some clothes she will be just fine. Ideally I would like to purchase the last few things on my need/want list by the end of next month. Just because I hate shopping around the holidays. I really don't want to be giant & pregnant shopping around the holidays lol. 

Quoting DACIA79:

Everything else is done but my baby won't be in his nursery right away either so I kind of don't feel the urgency either.

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I think I probably have a .2% chance of going early lol. Hoping I don't have to worry about bedrest either. 

I guess I am just feeling like a slacker lol. I'm totally excited about this baby & her arrival. But I guess things are just more relaxed the third time around. :)

Quoting goddess99:

I got ready early because every time I went for a check up they wanted me to do this or do that so I knew bed-rest was coming, and it did. So I wanted to be ready before I couldn't do anything anymore. Just take your time, it's not like babies are new to you =)

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Yeah I would imagine. You're not a slacker, you're just already a busy mom.

Quoting splatz:

I think I probably have a .2% chance of going early lol. Hoping I don't have to worry about bedrest either. 

I guess I am just feeling like a slacker lol. I'm totally excited about this baby & her arrival. But I guess things are just more relaxed the third time around. :)

Quoting goddess99:

BraydensMama163
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:20 PM
This is my third baby. We are in the process of stripping and sanding the walls in the nursery this weekend. Painting next weekend and then setting up everything (which we already have)

Baby has a rock and play he will sleep in for a few months in our room before he moves to his nursery. But I'm due December 9th. I feel like I haven't done squat yet but in reality we just need to paint and then set up the room. We have everything we need except the small stuff I hope to get at the shower in November.
splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Thats awesome you are getting a shower! We only really have small things left to buy. We won't be having a shower since we have an almost 3 year old dd (though we gave away/lent out everything to never be returned & are mostly starting from scratch minus the crib, carseat, & pack n play... boo!). We have just been slowly buying things here & there. 

Quoting BraydensMama163:

This is my third baby. We are in the process of stripping and sanding the walls in the nursery this weekend. Painting next weekend and then setting up everything (which we already have)

Baby has a rock and play he will sleep in for a few months in our room before he moves to his nursery. But I'm due December 9th. I feel like I haven't done squat yet but in reality we just need to paint and then set up the room. We have everything we need except the small stuff I hope to get at the shower in November.

Karopie_99
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:25 PM
With my 3 kids I was mostly set at about 6.5 months and finished up the little details about a month before I was due. Well here I am 33 weeks pregnant and I only have a crib and a swing. Nothing else. And amazingly I'm not freaking out....just yet
BraydensMama163
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Its really a shower I am having myself. My mom offered to help and so did a few friends and a cousin. Apparently no one thought I wanted one and really I didn't but when I saw that you can buy stuff to coordinate the shower to the nursery bedding we had I decided it was 2 cute not to use since this will be our last baby and its a boy and big sister is almost 5. I was due for one lol

But I'm not spending but like 50-60 bucks total on it as IRS a nature theme and all my decorations come from outdoors. Super cheap and everyone is excited about it.

Quoting splatz:

Thats awesome you are getting a shower! We only really have small things left to buy. We won't be having a shower since we have an almost 3 year old dd (though we gave away/lent out everything to never be returned & are mostly starting from scratch minus the crib, carseat, & pack n play... boo!). We have just been slowly buying things here & there. 

Quoting BraydensMama163:

DACIA79
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:28 PM
This is my 3rd baby to with the first baby I was done at 20 weeks but with this being my 3rd I'm not nearly as neurotic.

I have 10yr old and a 8yr old boys so there is a lot to keep me busy.

Quoting splatz:

Maybe its just because this is my 3rd. I don't feel massively rushed to do anything this time around. I know things will fall into place. As long as baby has a place to sleep (will be in my room), a carseat, diapers and some clothes she will be just fine. Ideally I would like to purchase the last few things on my need/want list by the end of next month. Just because I hate shopping around the holidays. I really don't want to be giant & pregnant shopping around the holidays lol. 

Quoting DACIA79:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)