Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How early did you have everything ready for baby?

Posted by   + Show Post

I feel like everyone in my due date group is already starting on their baby's rooms. I'm due in January. I know the holidays make things harder with a January baby & preparing. I'm still not even 100% decided on what all I want to do. Am I a major slacker? Did anyone else just not feel rushed to start the nursery? Baby won't be sleeping in there until shes older anyways so maybe thats why I just am not worried. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Replies (21-24):
splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:26 PM

My kids have never actually had a nursery. DS slept in my room the first year and co-slept a good portion of it. 

When dd was born it was just me & the kids living in a 1 bedroom apartment. Surely no room for a nursery. I just side-car'ed her pack n play with my bed.

This baby will be sharing a room with dd. I plan to have her sleep in my room for at least 6 months though. 

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I only did a nursery with my first.  Never really used it much so didn't do one with the next two.  You sound fine to me.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM
I think it is probably because it's your 3rd. Your a pro at this now. Lol

Quoting splatz:

Maybe its just because this is my 3rd. I don't feel massively rushed to do anything this time around. I know things will fall into place. As long as baby has a place to sleep (will be in my room), a carseat, diapers and some clothes she will be just fine. Ideally I would like to purchase the last few things on my need/want list by the end of next month. Just because I hate shopping around the holidays. I really don't want to be giant & pregnant shopping around the holidays lol. 

Quoting DACIA79:

I still need the crib put up and I'm almost 39 weeks so don't feel bad.

Everything else is done but my baby won't be in his nursery right away either so I kind of don't feel the urgency either.

MichelleMc
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Was ready very early. I also believed in having the baby in their room early so I wanted it all done early. 

Doesn't make someone a slacker though. Everyone is different. 

Ljbmama
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:06 PM
I did it through out the whole pregnancy, picking up pieces here and there for his room
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN