Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

advice please?!?

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:49 PM
  • 41 Replies

Ok so im a single mom to be im 24weeks pregnant with a little boy and the father of my baby hasnt made an attempt to kno anything about the baby or anything at all i havent heard from him in 2months and even when i first found out i was pregnant he didnt think it was fair that he wuld have to pay for child support since he was offering to pay for an abortion. anyway i put on facebook (which is set to private but we have mutal friends on fb we rnt friends on there) that i was having a boy yesterday and now out of the blue at like 10:30pm he wants to talk about the baby and thinks i should have been the one who made sure he was updated..he knew my drs appts its not my job to make sure hes apart of this...am i wrong for feeling the way i do cuz im sooo stressed about this and i personally dnt think he cares(trust me there are reasons to y im so sure he doesnt care) sorry this is really long i just really need to kno if im wrong for feeling this way.

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stephw95
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:56 PM

a reason y i dnt think he really cares is because a few months ago he thought he shuld b the one to claim the baby in taxes which he cnt cuz im primary caretaker but he was just only interested in getting the tax return for my baby after i told him itll b me or my mother who will claim my baby he basically stopped talking to me till a week after he said the baby can have my last name and that was 2months ago n now all of a sudden hes txting me im 17 so of course i have a bit of a temper but if u knew him u wuld see from my view

BeautyFull
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:17 AM
3 moms liked this
You have not heard from him in 2 months! He do not care. You really should not hurt your head about him. You are having a kid already, you will have someone worth hurting your head for.
stephw95
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:24 AM

i know he just makes me so angry last thing 2months ago the last thing he said was the baby culd have my last name then i hear nuthing in  2months i mean dnt get me wrong im happy the kid is gunna b having my last name but i think hes up to something im probably not gunna put him on the birth certificate cuz he has done nuthin and paid nuthin he is nuthing to me im gunna make the decisions for my son and everything 

Quoting BeautyFull:

You have not heard from him in 2 months! He do not care. You really should not hurt your head about him. You are having a kid already, you will have someone worth hurting your head for.

BeautyFull
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:28 AM
That is the best thing to do. Are you planning on putting him on child support? He do need to be accountable. Other than that you should stay far from him. You do not need that added stress.

Quoting stephw95:

i know he just makes me so angry last thing 2months ago the last thing he said was the baby culd have my last name then i hear nuthing in  2months i mean dnt get me wrong im happy the kid is gunna b having my last name but i think hes up to something im probably not gunna put him on the birth certificate cuz he has done nuthin and paid nuthin he is nuthing to me im gunna make the decisions for my son and everything 

Quoting BeautyFull:

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this

i would just leave him in the blue about somethings, he sound like hes not worth the stress he is putting you and baby under. If he was not involved for 2 months or even consirned I personally think he dont care. but best of luck wish I could offer you more advice. but do what you think is right for you and that baby.

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

He'll never be able to claim the baby on his taxes. Make sure after the baby is born you have everything legally done through the Friend of the Court. Screw him, there are good men out there. You don't need that.

kearaloves1
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:00 AM

im sorry your going through this please dont get an abortion just because he wants you to,if you feel that child support isnt a big deal good for you because youll still have that baby! if you are thinking about stay at home jobs try at&t or a corporate company they usually have stay at home oportunities so that way you dont have to rely on child support and that should be less drama for you too!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Sounds like he is trying to just use the baby. It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. Keep him out of your life. Stress is not good for you or the baby. Don't post anymore details o facebook so he can't get any more information. I had my first baby at age 17. Hope all goes well for you.
BreezeAlanna
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Ummm, think about it ! First he wants you to abort...then he doesn't talk to you...now he just wants to claim the kid on taxes. HELL NO! You do NOT put him on that birth certificate!!! When they ask you who the father is (they will during pregnancy and at birth) say YOU DON'T KNOW. it gives you more rights and there is no way in hell you should let him claim that kid on taxes. 

mopsmommy5
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Make sure you do not put his name on the birth certificate!! Give the baby your last name period, even if you are together-i made that mistake -it can always be changed later! Go to court and get full custody after hes born cuz he will have as much right to the child as you do! This part is the worst but really important-made that mistake too!! I know you are young but please do this stuff to protect you and your child and the future!! Do not make the same mistakes I made-wish I knew this info then!' Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)