Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

PTO/PTA

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM
  • 12 Replies

Are you  involved in your child's/children Pto/Pta?

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:57 AM
No I'm not.
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I used to be heavily involved. The 1st pto meeting of the year at my dd's school is next week and I plan to attend.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I was real big into it for the past 3 years this year not so much!

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:39 PM

We had 5 Elementaries now 3 so the Rich Bitches are in charge...lol

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I was when my daughter was younger.

pendragon928
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:09 PM

I was involved when my son was in elementary school.  My child moved over to the middle school this year and I'm not sure I want to be involved anymore.  I was very disappointed in how the PTA worked, they wanted to do all this fundraising but didn't want to try new fundraising ideas, they would fret over how much they needed in comparison to how much the last years fundraisers had raised but didn't want to explore other options; additionally it was frustrating to know that each grade had approximately 75 students in each grade but whenever there was informational meetings or meetings by grade for specific events or projects we'd be lucky to get 10 parents, and we'd even offer free on-site childcare so parents could attend.  You hear all the excuses about how the parents don't have time.  I'm a single parent, I work full time, I work an additional part-time job out of my house and I'm finishing my Master's degree and I made the time to be involved in my child's school, it's discouraging to say the least to continue to participate when so many parents don't contribute and don't care.   

monkeymommy1
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:23 AM

I just found out today that my sons school doesn't have one... it is a tiny k-12 school so I guess they don't need one...

celestegood
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Quoting Janet:

No I'm not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Wow, well, that makes sense.

Quoting monkeymommy1:

I just found out today that my sons school doesn't have one... it is a tiny k-12 school so I guess they don't need one...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2andTTC
by Alicia on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:58 AM
First meeting is tonight at 7... yes I will be involved... I haven't ever been to one before so I have no clue what they do but I'm gonna be a part of it lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN