Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

SNAP: Only want food stamps

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:03 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

OK, so I'm apply for SNAP in NYS. I heard that they provide money for utilites and stuff, but I only want Food Stamps. Can I tell the Dept. of Social Services about my needs?

Thanks

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mopsmommy5
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:06 AM
There is a application just for food stamps only. But they do try to see what else you qualify for too. Did you apply for emergency food stamps or just fill out an application?
PadysMomy
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I only filled out an application online through mybenefits.ny.gov

mopsmommy5
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:29 AM
I would call and ask for expidited food stamps and ask how long it takes too. I would think an application covers everything so you would need to tell them only Food Stamps is what you need.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Padysmomy is right. But if you are eligible for anything else I would except it if I were you.
MichelleSw
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Use all that you need!! It is there for times of need. Do not let anyone make you feel ashamed. 

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Quoting Janet:

Padysmomy is right. But if you are eligible for anything else I would except it if I were you.

.Peaches.
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:00 PM

If you're eligible for it, use it.

Being approved for Snap Cash Benefits isn't automatic- that's another thing entirely, it just goes on the same card.

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Id use whatever I could to help set up some savings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PadysMomy
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Thanks every1 4 ur advice. I told them and they said its fine that if I don't want HEAP.
SugarMamaO76
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I just wanna applaud you.... you are doing what YOU NEED not what you CAN GET... so many people just take the other help just because. I say if you can get by on your own you should... Thank GOD there is ONE sensible person on the system! <3 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)