Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DDs' First Week of First Grade:

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:16 PM
  • 6 Replies
And she's already fighting homework xD I have the rule that on the days she DOES NOT go with her Daddy, homework will be done after school. On days that she DOES go with him, homework is done when he brings her home. [He sticks around when he drops her off for an extra hour those days to do her homework with her. This way she gets equal parts Mommy and equal parts Daddy.] But, oh man, does she put up a fight. Haha! She's finding out fast, though, the longer she fights, the less time she has to play with her friends or watch her favorite show when she's done. Eventually, she'll accept her homework duties. [I hope xD]
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
catevincesmom
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Having similar troubles w/ ds, also 1st grade.  He's told me twice now that hw isn't important.  Wrong answer!! 

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Homework is always a battle, my dd is in 5th grade.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Same here with my 3rd. grader.
Sweetest_Britt
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Thankfully my boys dont fight homework at all! We come home and right away, get out the homework folders and get it done and then mandatory reading is done (it's also homework). Once it's done, they can have a small snack while we drive to get dad from work. It doesn't take us more than 30 minutes usually : )

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Oh no! We did homework as soon as we got in the door from the time he started school. Homework struggles are no fun. 

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Hope things will get better....we're getting back adjusted to school schedule too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)