Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Need your help ladies! (kinda long) Please Read!

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:08 AM
  • 12 Replies

I have an in law that is going through a major ordeal right now.  In 2012 he got married to his girlfriend Who at the time was pregnant but not very far along. It was a baby they conceived together and were very excited about having. The even came up with a name for her together. Lilly.

When she was 6 months pregnant she left him for a man that molested and impregnated her at 13 and he was in his 20's at the time. The poor girl has some major mental problems.  He had no idea she was planning on leaving him he thought that they had a happy marriage. The man she left him for lived in a totally different state.  He had no idea where she was for a long time. His baby was born in October 2012 and he did not even know she was born until late November 2012. When he finally found out where she was he wanted to know how the baby was.

Knowing where she was he automatically tried to gain custody of her because he knew that she was in a very very unstable home. When the baby was born the mother put the molesters name on her birth certificate.Even named the baby after him. So he could not get custody. CPS would do nothing. Soon his ex tried to commit suicide and the baby was left with the CHOMO.  At that point He went to the courts and demanded that she be taken into protective custody.  The courts ordered cps to do so.  Once she was in custody he was told he could not see her until They had a DNA test back to prove he was the father.

When it came back (proving he was the father) he finally got to see her in April of 2013. But CPS made him go through a bunch of tests to prove he was not a violent person and that he is a good father. They all came back good. Then they made him do a alcohol and drug dependency test. He lives in Washington and has a medical marijuana card and did not lie about it from the beginning. He needs it for a broken back and anxiety. 

The test came back the he did not have any depencys on anything. But CPS will not give his child to him. It is in the law that parents can not be denyed custody of their children because of medical marijuana.  But yet CPS will not give her to him. He gave it up for a while to try and get her back but they want him to do month of rehab, in which he would loose his job, girlfriend, and place to live. The also want to put him on a two year probationary period. 

Only issue with that is they are wanting to adopt her out in November. If she gets adopted he will have no rights to her whatsoever and will lose his daughter forever. 

So we need your help. They have many petitions to sign to help him and he needs all the help he can get. It's wrong that they are keeping his child away from him.  He is an amazing father and loves his daughter with all his heart. We need to take action. I am going to post links to the facebook page and the petition i have the link for. there is a total of 4 petitions to sign. 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP THE WONDERFUL FATHER GET HIS DAUGHTER BACK.

http://www.change.org/petitions/washington-officials-review-the-judicial-ethics-of-spokane-county-family-law-commissioner-valerie-jolicouer-immediately#

https://www.facebook.com/fight4lilly

http://www.momsformarijuana.org/blogs/blog1.php/billy-lilly-fisher

PLEASE HELP EVERY SIGNATURE GETS HIM THAT MUCH CLOSER TO BEING WITH HIS DAUGHTER AGAIN. 

THANK YOU.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Was he willing to give up the medical marijuana? Wouldn't they let him go to outpatient rehab?
eleechick
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Yes he is willing and did for about 2 months but they would not let him do out patient they wanted him to stay in the facility. They are making it impossible on him. 

Quoting Janet:

Was he willing to give up the medical marijuana? Wouldn't they let him go to outpatient rehab?

nuts4scouts
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:17 PM

He does not need petitions.

He needs a really good lawyer.

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I agree :(  I honestly don' see how a petition would really make a difference. 

Quoting nuts4scouts:

KenneMaw
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I would not and do trust what CPS is saying.  Tehy would have to get his parental rights and those of the bio mom before anyone could adopt the baby. Also, they would have to prove to a judge that he is unfit.   .  Your family members needs a good lawyer ASAP.  The judge and courts and CPS aren't going to care about petitions.    

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 5:44 PM
I agree!

Quoting splatz:

I agree :(  I honestly don' see how a petition would really make a difference. 

Quoting nuts4scouts:

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I agree with needing a lawyer. Many lawyers do a free initial consult. Good luck!

MotherOfBee
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Lawyer up! He needs it so badly. I hope he gets her back. That woman (the mother) sounds crazy.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Crazy!

eleechick
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:20 PM

She is very crazy. he has talked to many lawyers and they will now no longer let him have one in court. 

this is from the petetion:

"Commissioner Valerie Jolicouer FORCED Billy Fisher to represent himself in family law court, despite his avid desire to NOT represent himself and objections to being FORCED to go "pro se", and not have the aid of legal counsel during the court hearing.

Commissioner Valerie Jolicouer says there isn't DUE PROCESS in family court, and that the SIXTH AMENDMENT RIGHT to have representation by an attorney DOES NOT APPLY in family law...

Commissioner Valerie Jolicouer REFUSED to allow a continuance on the matter, despite Billy's need for adequate legal representation and preperation, and FORCED Billy to be held to the same standards as a licensed attorney, despite his obvious lack of knowledge of the law and the family court system.

Commisioner Valerie Jolicouer REFUSED to allow Billy to even consult with an attorney prior to proceeding with court pro se. 

Commissioner Valerie Jolicouer FORCED Billy's legal advocate from the court room, just for Billy looking to her when he was told to go pro se or leave and her shaking her head - removing the ONLY legal guidance Billy had in the court room.

Commissioner Valerie Jolicouer THREATENED Billy with the PERMANENT ADOPTION of his daughter if he didn't stop fighting the ALLEGATIONS and do what CPS is demanding, despite their LACK OF EVIDENCE that he should not have his daughter in his care."

Pretty messed up if i do say so myself.

Quoting MotherOfBee:

Lawyer up! He needs it so badly. I hope he gets her back. That woman (the mother) sounds crazy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN