Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

how much weight is okay to lift when pregnant?

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:04 PM
  • 10 Replies

Im 5 weeks pregnant right now, and wondering how many pounds is safe to lift. thanks :)

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fullxbusymom
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:39 PM

There is no weight limit as long as you are not high risk and do it safely without straining yourself.

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I don't think you have much to worry about that early on unless you are having complications. Just don't lift something super heavy that you could strain yourself with. 

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:03 PM
This

Quoting fullxbusymom:

There is no weight limit as long as you are not high risk and do it safely without straining yourself.

ShadowWaters
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:33 PM

As long as you are having a uncomplicated pregnancy lift what you feel comfortable with lifting. I am 6 months along I lift my 2 children that are around 35lbs each all the time and while at work I feel comfortable lifting 50-55lbs. Just remember safe lifting practices since things like balance can become more difficult as you get further along.

.Peaches.
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:02 PM

My OB always told me as much weight as you can safely lift.

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I believe the only time I had a restriction was after my csection.

fatcat0908
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:16 PM

It all depends on how much your body was used to lifting prior to pregnancy.

SRUsarahSC
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:27 PM

My OB said the heaviest thing I should lift is my first child.  She is around 27 lbs.  When I was pregnant with her, the further along I got the less I lifted, it got uncomfortable.  Hell, my mom even did my sweeping for me towards the end because she thought pushing the vacuum was too much!

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:35 PM

20 lbs this the most you can lift your entire pregnancy. I have never heard anything else. I had two obgyn's and they both said the same thing and every book and website i have seen have said that

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Check with your drs...but just knowing I was pregnant, I tried to lift/do as less strenuous as possible...I did have to pick up my other lo's sometimes though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN