Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Potty training-are you all for real?!

Posted by   + Show Post

So I was reading the featured post about diapers past age 2, and I just don't understand. How are so many people's children physically capable of being fully potty trained, even at night, before they are even two years old? My first son did start pooping on the potty at about 19 months and never pooped in his diaper after that, but he still didn't start peeing and wearing big boy underwear until a little after his second birthday. My second son is 18 months old and is just starting to pee in the shower and realize something is actually going on down there. No way would he stop running and playing long enough to even think about the potty. I saw people claiming full potty training at 15 MONTHS!!

Are people being honest, or is this like when moms claim their 9 month old can sing the national anthem on key, read Dr Seuss books, and do multiplication tables?

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Replies (81-84):
AngelSinger
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:19 AM

I'm with you, OP. None of my kids were fully potty trained by 2. 

I have to say that potty training was the least enjoyable part of child rearing IMHO. When my kids have kids, they are on their own with that, lol. 

fivegirls333
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:30 AM
1 mom liked this

yeah, i usually call "bullshit".  (especially with boys...grin)

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Exactly - I waited until my DD was ready... yes of course, we brought up peeing like a big girl gently but I never forced the potty thing at about 2 1/2  she decided on her own to pee in the toilet, she went from diapers to underwear, on the regular toilet , all in one day and never wore diapers again. Never had an accident.  

Quoting Retrokitty:

Some kids have full control of muscles before two some do not. You can also clasically condition your child to go on the potty as early as 8 months but I disagree with the method.

Mom2Just1
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:41 PM
We let our children lead the way. First son was 3 years old and potty trained completely in a week.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)