Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

In Laws Telling me To GET OUT

Posted by   + Show Post

How can I get out of this marrage? Even my in laws are telling me I've got to get out. My children are suffering because of the two of us. It's just we're living with my husbands family while I'm going to school. I've got no money.

Today we got into a fight over miscommunication. My husband thew a phone at me, then I yelled no to throw things, like a child. Called me a kunt!! I and the kids were going to go to one of my friends house until things cooled down. Got pushed down.

I mean my 4yr old didn't want to come back inside. I NEED TO LEAVE, HOW!!

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Replies (11-15):
ClaribelC
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Wow- shelter if u dont have a helping hand, got to attorney general and file dor child support and try to fond a job
Colter
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:05 PM

There are a lot of student loans out there.  It may be time to take one.  Many colleges also have cheap daycare available for students (or perhaps your in-laws would watch the kids while your in classes).  

The tricky part is, if you are planning to divorce depending on your state your husband may get custody of the kids if you are not employed.  You should have proof of his abusive ways before you leave to use in court if necessary. Even a detailed journal might help.  But I am not a lawyer, so you may want to seek better info.....

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:14 PM

being in an abusive relationship is not good for you or your children.  You may think it's impossible now, but you need to do this for the welfare of everyone.  You will find a way  

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Sorry you are going through this. I hope you get it worked out.
Bribriesmom
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:47 AM
There are programs out there that,have funding. When you call the police to press charges they will move you to a safe house. There may be a waiting list, but the shelters will take you when the,police bring you. Try contacting the YWCA, 211, and your DPSS office. Don't stay comfortable or think you can't do it. I haven't been working since June 7th and stay on my own and we have more than what we need.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)