Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Couch 2 5K app

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:56 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
Anyone tried it? I thought by reading the workout plan for the first week, it would be a piece of cake. Boy, was I wrong. After day 1, I think I'm WAY more out of shape than I realized. Lol
The first week (3 days a week is all, thankfully) is a 5 minute walking warm up, 8 intervals of a 60 sec run, followed by 90 sec brisk walk, then a 5 minute cool down walk. Sounds pretty easy... NOT! Lol I'm gonna hurt tomorrow...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scoleman828
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scraphappy12
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:57 PM
I did it! But I did it every day (like week one for a week not just the three days) it gets easier. I think week three I was afraid of but it really is doable! Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I tried it and it bored me so I just decided to run as long as I could and that worked for me.. that said, c25K is the best 5k training plan for beginners. It is very versatile and you can repeat weeks if necessary. Dh did it several years ago ( same time I tried it) and loved it. Now, we are both long distance runners. We both run several races per year and I actually have a half marathon in 6 weeks. 

You can do it! It will get easier in time. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

CampClan
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I did day 1 before & you are right! It is NOT as easy as it seems! LOL And yes- you WILL hurt tomorrow! I need to get back into it. I stopped after day 1 cuz I'm lazy & hate strenuous activity. But I have my 20 year reunion coming up & I NEED to get into shape! HAHA

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Never heard of it. Reading all these posts not sure that I want to...lol

scoleman828
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:20 AM
I'm lazy too, lol that's why I figured,it looked easy. I'm gonna try to force myself to get through it though.

Quoting CampClan:

I did day 1 before & you are right! It is NOT as easy as it seems! LOL And yes- you WILL hurt tomorrow! I need to get back into it. I stopped after day 1 cuz I'm lazy & hate strenuous activity. But I have my 20 year reunion coming up & I NEED to get into shape! HAHA

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scoleman828
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:21 AM
I hadn't heard of it until reading about it in another group on here a couple days ago.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Never heard of it. Reading all these posts not sure that I want to...lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scoleman828
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Good luck on your upcoming event! I don't think I could ever have the patients and discipline for something like that but, I am going to force myself to do at least 3 months.

Quoting mcginnisc:

I tried it and it bored me so I just decided to run as long as I could and that worked for me.. that said, c25K is the best 5k training plan for beginners. It is very versatile and you can repeat weeks if necessary. Dh did it several years ago ( same time I tried it) and loved it. Now, we are both long distance runners. We both run several races per year and I actually have a half marathon in 6 weeks. 

You can do it! It will get easier in time. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scoleman828
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:24 AM
I thought about doing it every day but I think I'm better off starting slow. Lol I can't hardly walk already. Lol scared to see what morning brings...

Quoting scraphappy12:

I did it! But I did it every day (like week one for a week not just the three days) it gets easier. I think week three I was afraid of but it really is doable! Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:06 AM

Quoting scoleman828:

I thought about doing it every day but I think I'm better off starting slow. Lol I can't hardly walk already. Lol scared to see what morning brings...

Quoting scraphappy12:

Don't do it every day. The program is not designed to do it everyday because it will lead to injury. Even hard core runners only run 5x per week and they space it out with cross training and rest days. Your body needs a day of rest in between runs as your muscles can't handle the stress of running daily. They need time to rebuild and restrand after a workout. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN