Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Help! Having problems with my Mirena

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:46 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hi, I am new to this group. I am a proud mom of three and I am 22. Well my question I want to ask is, does anyone else have/had the Mirena and has/had complications? I have been on this for about 2 1/2 years and didn't really have any problems with it. Just about a few months now, I have been getting cramps often, migraines, and my period is off a lot. My cycle has been coming probably two times a month lasts 4 to 6 days. This is starting to concern me and I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Can it make you have miscarriages? I really would like to know if there is other moms out there who has experienced this?
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
OMGLasersPOWPOW
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I did, those can all be side effects. 

scraphappy12
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I had mine removed because of migraines, I took a shot in the dark that that was what was causing them, sure enough they went away!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
Hiking!
Yesterday at 10:55 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this

bump

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
My step daughters had it. It fell out and she didn't know it and she got pregnant.
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

It is possible to have side effects from Mirena - My old one moved and cause a massive hemmorage, I also started to randomly spot here and there mine is about 2 1/2 years old as well I don't think they are really meant to last 5 years - I'm thinking of having mine removed and just having my tubes tied

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)