Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Help! Having problems with my Mirena

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:46 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hi, I am new to this group. I am a proud mom of three and I am 22. Well my question I want to ask is, does anyone else have/had the Mirena and has/had complications? I have been on this for about 2 1/2 years and didn't really have any problems with it. Just about a few months now, I have been getting cramps often, migraines, and my period is off a lot. My cycle has been coming probably two times a month lasts 4 to 6 days. This is starting to concern me and I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Can it make you have miscarriages? I really would like to know if there is other moms out there who has experienced this?
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
OMGLasersPOWPOW
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I did, those can all be side effects. 

scraphappy12
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I had mine removed because of migraines, I took a shot in the dark that that was what was causing them, sure enough they went away!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
Hey Twit..do not try to school me on Religion!
Yesterday at 6:19 PM
by Mrs. Depp on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this

bump

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
My step daughters had it. It fell out and she didn't know it and she got pregnant.
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

It is possible to have side effects from Mirena - My old one moved and cause a massive hemmorage, I also started to randomly spot here and there mine is about 2 1/2 years old as well I don't think they are really meant to last 5 years - I'm thinking of having mine removed and just having my tubes tied

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN