Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

cramping and spotting at 5 weeks pregnant.

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:56 PM
  • 6 Replies

this is my second pregnancy. ive been having cramping, and pulling pains on my sides. then when i went to the bathroom, i look at the toilet paper and there is blood. brown little specks of blood. i wipe again, and clear discharge. im very confused. does this sound like a miscarriage? should i go to ER?

by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 12:11 AM

If it turns red and gets heavier then get to a doctor. It also could be normal if its brown. Your body goes through a bunch of changes and things could happen that didnt happen in any of your other pregnancies. Take it easy and dont do too much and hang in there. I had a mc two yrs ago with my second pregnancy. I lost it at 5 weeks. Started out with brown spotting and then 4 hrs later it got a lil heavy as the time passed and then turned red. Just keep an eye on it. Dont freak out. Honestly to me it sounds normal.

sissyboogs
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 12:12 AM

When I was pregnant with my second, I had cramping and spotting very early on. She's a healthy 3 year old now. 

I wouldn't worry about it unless the pain becomes unbearable and/or there is a significant amount of bright red blood. 

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Sep. 15, 2013 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Any update?

xsaripevecx
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:51 AM

no more bleeding or cramping as of this morning. :)

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 15, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I spotted and full on bled on and off through the first trimester with all my kiddos. Tiny bits of blood that early on are normal. The ER can't do anything for you this early on.

NYMommy4505
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:48 PM
I also bled around5-7 weeks and showed an empty sac at about 5-6 weeks but I guess the sperm were slow cuz she is 2 now. My progesterone was low and I had to do suppositories for about a month tho. It's worth mentioning to your obgyn
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)