Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

GRAPHIC PIC BELOW- Possible miscarriage -6 weeks pregnant

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Sorry for the graphic pic but I'm terrified of this. I have had 3 healthy pregnancies but am now 35 & was surprised by a positive pregnancy test 2 weeks ago right when my period was due. Sat morning (6 weeks along) I woke up with pink bleeding that was off & on all day, getting worse Sat night along with cramping & lower back pain. All day today it has been red & steady flowing. Just after getting back from the ER with my son for his ear infection, I went to wipe after urinating & saw two huge clumps on the toilet paper. My hands were shaking I felt just nauseous touching it. It was placenta like & I could have sworn was part of the sac or ?? I have never ever experienced anything like this & know no one who has to ask. I will be heading to the hospital tomorrow but am reaching for your support and/or opinion. Maybe blighted ovum? I am so confused & feel strange (I never really even had many pregnancy symptoms other than multiple positive tests). Thank you for your help!
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Replies (31-38):
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Quoting BatMom.:

I'm not sure, but it doesn't sound or look good. I truly hope that isn't the case. Big hugs.

Macksmom2006
by New Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Could be a placental abruption. I had a gush and clots with the twins and they are now 5 yrs old.
Dlb1978
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Just an update. I had another HCg level drawn today. I am 6 weeks along & my HCg was only 54 on Monday & only 16 today. Between the bleeding, passing tissue, barely detectable (if any) heart rate on Monday, & these hormone levels, I am realizing this is no more:( It is such an empty feeling. I have 3 healthy boys ages 6, 5, & 21 months and the mother in me mourns the idea we would have had another gift in our lives.
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Quoting Dlb1978:

Just an update. I had another HCg level drawn today. I am 6 weeks along & my HCg was only 54 on Monday & only 16 today. Between the bleeding, passing tissue, barely detectable (if any) heart rate on Monday, & these hormone levels, I am realizing this is no more:( It is such an empty feeling. I have 3 healthy boys ages 6, 5, & 21 months and the mother in me mourns the idea we would have had another gift in our lives.

I am so sorry.If you are trying for more hope you have another!How blessed you are to have 3.I could only have 1.

Dlb1978
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Thank you, I know how incredibly lucky I am and I thank God every day for my boys. This was not planned but I was more than ready to give my whole heart. I have always been super grateful.
celestegood
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:07 PM
I'm so sorry.

Quoting Dlb1978:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dlb1978
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Final update. Went for another ultrasound today. Nothing there. Doctor believes the tissue I have in my picture was the baby as the lining of my uterus is thin now & no sign of anything. I am devastated to think I flushed this down the toilet after taking a picture! I did it so fast bc my 6 year old was walking in the bathroom & I didn't want him to see that & worry about something he doesn't even know about. I could have looked at it longer for more closure if I would have known. I am just sick over it! My little angel.
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I'm so sorry!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)