Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What do your children's middle names mean?

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:22 AM
  • 63 Replies

My husband and I have two beautiful girls, Ayden Blair and Alexis Rachael. Blair is my mother's madien name and Rachael is my husband's mother's name. 

We're expecting triplets and recently found out the sexes! Two girls and a boy!!!

My husband and I have been bouncing around names for a while, but we think we like Ava, Rylee, and Mason. 

We're stuck for the middle names. I'd like to be easy and do Ava Nicole, Rylee Mae, and Mason Alexander. At the same time, I like having the middle names be special. The thing is, we only have two other names we'd like to name our children after. I couldn't just leave one child without a meaningful name!

What does everyone think? 

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmybug
by Amanda on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Addison Kristi, after her late Aunt who died tragically at the young age of 16. I never met her. She passed when her father was only 5 years old. So we decided to name our dd after her. :)
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Awww I like the names Ava Nicole, Rylee Mae, and Mason Alexander.
My ds middle name is the only decent name in the family and I had to go back to MY great grandfather's middle name to find it. Wesley :)
If he had been a girl he would have been Abrielle Marie. Which is my middle name. Other names on my list included my sisters and bffs middle name (its the same) Nichole ad well as my cousins middle name Noel for girls and boys middle names Scott was the name of my stillborn Uncle who my grandma lost when my grandpa died. the others were just ones I happened to like Taylor, Luc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngelSinger
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 5:56 AM

My son's middle name came from a character on "Star Trek: The Next Generation." Dd17's middle name means "enchantress" in Hebrew. And dd9's middle name was my last mother's first name.

johnny4ever
Happy 11th Birthday Daniel!!!
Yesterday at 7:30 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:21 AM

BLAIR is my sons middle name also!He is named after 4 Generations of Men in my family-all Grandpas of course!

CampClan
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:25 AM
My mom foughtt so hard for me to give my girls her middle name, Marie. But it wasn't happening. Brittany Lee is for ex's grandfather whose name is Leroy. And ex's parents' middle names are Lee. Rebecca Anne has no significance to us.

Ryan Mackenzie again no significance.
Logan Scott- Scott is after ex's ex best friend.
Shawn Angelus- Shawn is ex's middle name & Angelus is from Buffy/Angel.

If my oldest were a girl his name would have been Madisoon Rae- Madison being his father's last name & Rae after my grandma.
CampClan
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:26 AM
Forgot to add I love your names!
luvnature
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:30 AM

son: William Emile (William after my dh's grandpa and Emile after my paternal grandfather)

daughter: Abby-Line Ann (Line is my sister's name and it goes well between Abby and Ann.... Ann is my dh's grandmother's first name) oh and to clarify things "Line is French and pronounced Lynn" please do not start correcting me about the pronounciation of that name, thank you. I am French and that name is very popular back home. 

DACIA79
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:32 AM
My first born is Damien Jwan Wilson is a combination of our names dad is Damien Wilson , My first name is Dacia Jwan

2nd child Hunter Chivar Wilson. Chivar was my father he passed before both my kids were born that was my way of passing part of him on.
SlapItHigh
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:48 AM
We do family names for middle names.
SlapItHigh
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:48 AM
And congrats on triplets!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)