Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Let's Chat: What's On YOUR Mind?

Welcome to our Tuesday Coffee Break Chat!

What are you doing today?

What's on your mind?

Let's Chat!

coffee

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Replies (141-149):
SlapItHigh
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Hope it's dry for you!

Quoting johnny4ever:

Please dont rain Friday!

pokemongirl0191
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Not much just playing with my tablet I got today and lisoning to music on my mp3 player. I have everything from spice girld to country on hete.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I just hope you get it finished. It's good you have his dad. That is handy, and already coming over. Great!

Quoting splatz:

I'm going to ask his dad to look at it on Saturday when they are here for the party. I'm sure the neighbors LOVE me right now considering I actually got it running and its super loud. At least its only 9

Quoting Janet:

It does sound like the belt because of the smell. My dh is not handy one bit. We have to get someone to fix things or buy new.

Quoting splatz:

He did. His response was "I have no idea whats wrong with it. I guess we need to buy a new one." lol

Quoting goddess99:

Have Sam look at it, washers are pretty simple creatures, he may be able to fix it with minimal effort and money.

Quoting splatz:

So far I have gotten ds off to school, folded two loads of laundry, hung up shelves in the living room, put out my fall decor, made dd breakfast, and started cleaning up my bathroom/laundry room.

Of course my washer would choose this week to very loudly, very slowly die on me. Its making horrendous sounds and keeps stopping in the middle of cycles. I don't even understand why. I have a load of laundry in there and its full of water. Whenever it stops mid cycle it has a plastic-y burning smell. Aghhh... I just need to get this last load drained so I can dry it & not have to mess with the darn thing. :/

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Good, maybe he'll be in a much better mood. :)

Quoting auntangelofsix:

He ate Lunch at noon and then went down at 12:19 n sleep till about 4 p.m.

Quoting Janet:

Maybe he or she needs a nap?

Quoting auntangelofsix:

Good Morning! We took our oldest to school and now I'm dealing with a cranky pain in the ass 20 month old.

I'm not sure what i need to do..
Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Yes you do take what you get when you can get it. Sometimes it's a blessing. It will be real nice for your family to be close to your family. I bet they will so happy.

Quoting DanaG70:

It's like being in the military all over again... hurry up and wait. Yes, he is, we have been wanting to move back "home", which is Kansas, but Nebraska is close enough. All of our family is out there, my parents, his aging parents, my grandmother and my brothers and his sister.

We were just hopping they would have waited another 2 years, but you take what you can get and work with it.

Quoting Janet:

So now you play the waiting game. Hopefully he is right. Is he excited?

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Oh my mom is over the wall ecstatic with the prospect of us moving closer, she and my dad live in Omaha, about 2 hours from where we'll be. We haven't told his parents yet, just in case.

Quoting Janet:

Yes you do take what you get when you can get it. Sometimes it's a blessing. It will be real nice for your family to be close to your family. I bet they will so happy.

Quoting DanaG70:

It's like being in the military all over again... hurry up and wait. Yes, he is, we have been wanting to move back "home", which is Kansas, but Nebraska is close enough. All of our family is out there, my parents, his aging parents, my grandmother and my brothers and his sister.

We were just hopping they would have waited another 2 years, but you take what you can get and work with it.

Quoting Janet:

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:38 AM
I was wondering if you told them. I don't blame you for not telling them. That would be a big let down.

Quoting DanaG70:

Oh my mom is over the wall ecstatic with the prospect of us moving closer, she and my dad live in Omaha, about 2 hours from where we'll be. We haven't told his parents yet, just in case.

Quoting Janet:

Quoting DanaG70:

Quoting Janet:

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Not yet, we would like to know for sure before we do. I'm sure they will be very pleased if we do though. =)

Quoting Janet:

I was wondering if you told them. I don't blame you for not telling them. That would be a big let down.

jessie0221
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Worst. Day. Ever.  Today was the day I have been afraid of ever sice I quit my job to stay at home.  I don't know if its in the air or the full moon but everyone of us (all 5) were in such a bad mood this morning.  It was a ar trying to get everyone to school and SO to work.  Then by myself my 2yo dd I believe got possessed by the devil or something.  I literally couldn't take my eyes off her for 2 seconds without her tearing something up or gettin into something.  I know this is typical 2yo but it was so so bad today.  Then the boys come home from school and OMG!!!!! The oldest is pickin on the middle, the middle is picking on the 2yo and the 2yo is doin her best to beat the bejeezus out of both of them.  In between breaking them up, making dinner, doing homework trying to do the dishes an scrub the yogurt out of my carpet ( ask me how it got there I dunno) I decided to step outside for some fresh air.  Come back in and there is neon pink playdoh everywhere.  Didn't even know I had that color.  I need a therapist!!!

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)