Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
I have had the Mirena-IUD for about 6 1/2 months.
Sooo is it possible to get pregnant!?
I have been extremely tired for the past week or so, extremely emotional, constipated, && today my friend was eating a yogurt and it made me want to vomit! Also no period this month.
Also-havent taken a hpt yet
What could be the deal???
Please let me know:/
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Replies (11-16):
evemomoftwo
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:15 PM
I've been on it for 2yrs. I only get a period every 2-3 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
evemomoftwo
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:16 PM
I've been on it for a year. I only get a period every 2-3 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmybug
by Amanda on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Mirena can cause pregnancy symptoms for a while. I've had it for 4 years now, and I haven't gotten my period since they put it in. But every once in a while my breasts will get tender and I will get nauseous and things like that. I would take a hpt though, just to be sure.
my4loves4
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:23 PM

I dont have the IUD, i have the implanon implant (the one in the arm) and had all these same symptoms, i didnt have my period for 2 months, nausea, headaches, tierd, weird cramps, constipation and diahrea, even one day woke up with that nasty dirty penny taste in my mouth and lasted all day!! I thought forsure it had failed and i was pregnant. But im not, WHEW, lol. Its just nasty side effects. But if your like me, and rather be safe than sorry, simply buy a test. Wallmart has the cheap 88 cent ones. I  just bought two of those. No need to go all fancy when the odds are most likely its going to be negitive. and the cheap will give u the same results as a expensive one. Good luck!

Sunshine2plus2
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I have had th Mirena for almost 4 years. I have never had a period.  I do once in awhile every few months have lots of syptoms of being pregnant. The chances are unlikely but take a test to be sure.

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:21 PM

It is possible to get pregnant while on any type of bc I would contact your doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN