Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

OMG my feet!! come onnn!

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:56 PM
  • 19 Replies

i just started  new job that is very physically demanding. in an 8 hour shift i get one 30 min break - which is normal. i am standing the entire rest of the time. and constantly running back and forth. after 3 weeks my body cant take it anymore and i dont know what to do!

i get home and my feet are throbbing so badly i cant sit still rubbing them soaking them - all of that - nothing is helping

its now carried over to my ankles and knees,and also my lower back

i have tried different shoes - shoe insoles everything.

i dont want to quit but i can not work like this, what can i do? 

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaH4
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:01 PM

BUMP!

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Bump

I would never be able to do a job like that either.

MommaH4
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:27 PM

it is terrible, and sorry for all the spelling mistakes haha i fixed some. - i am just at my end. i have 5 days in a row of 8 hour shifts. and then one day off. and then 5 days on. - thats how my schedule is looking, its very demanding  when my feet start hurting its all i can focus on. it sounds so silly "my feet hurt" but the pain is not just an ache, every step is a shotting pain in both my feet and if i sit my knees feel so so weak. bending and the constant standing is effecting my lower back to the point that when i cough/sneeze my back hurts. its so terrible. i NEED the income. i just dont know what to do.

Quoting goddess99:

Bump

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 17, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I know Exactly how you feel. I would tell you what my doctor told me,"buy Birkenstocks" and I did, it's all I wear but they are expensive and even wearing them there is no way in hell I can stand for even 4 hours let alone 8. I literally feel your pain. I have no suggestions, I can't even imagine in my worst nightmare having your job, I would literally die lol, but I know it's not funny. You may have to look for a less demanding job.

Quoting MommaH4:

it is terrible, and sorry for all the spelling mistakes haha i fixed some. - i am just at my end. i have 5 days in a row of 8 hour shifts. and then one day off. and then 5 days on. - thats how my schedule is looking, its very demanding  when my feet start hurting its all i can focus on. it sounds so silly "my feet hurt" but the pain is not just an ache, every step is a shotting pain in both my feet and if i sit my knees feel so so weak. bending and the constant standing is effecting my lower back to the point that when i cough/sneeze my back hurts. its so terrible. i NEED the income. i just dont know what to do.

Quoting goddess99:

Bump

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

This is going to sound silly, but go to a chiropractor and have your back adjusted, if your back is out of whack it will mess with the rest of your body.

I used to think that a chiropractor was silly, but after going for a while, I now firmly believe in them.

LittleBirdFly
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I have done a job like that for years, you will get used to it.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Me either, sorry.

Quoting goddess99:

Bump

daytonbaby210
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:58 PM

I have been in the same boat. My advice would be to try and job hunt if you can.

KW1280
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Epsom salt is good for inflammation also mix 1:1 peppermint oil to water in a small spray bottle and spray your feet reduces swelling and cools your feet. You can get the proper shoes at a foot store like BFF. You can also buy nurses' shoes
MommaH4
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 7:03 PM

i have a pair of Danskos (i think thats how you spell it) they were over 100$ i have had them for 2 weeks and noting is helping, would you recomment doing and epsom salt soak after every shift?. or before??

Quoting KW1280:

Epsom salt is good for inflammation also mix 1:1 peppermint oil to water in a small spray bottle and spray your feet reduces swelling and cools your feet. You can get the proper shoes at a foot store like BFF. You can also buy nurses' shoes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN