Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

OMG my feet!! come onnn!

Posted by   + Show Post

i just started  new job that is very physically demanding. in an 8 hour shift i get one 30 min break - which is normal. i am standing the entire rest of the time. and constantly running back and forth. after 3 weeks my body cant take it anymore and i dont know what to do!

i get home and my feet are throbbing so badly i cant sit still rubbing them soaking them - all of that - nothing is helping

its now carried over to my ankles and knees,and also my lower back

i have tried different shoes - shoe insoles everything.

i dont want to quit but i can not work like this, what can i do? 

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Replies (11-19):
KW1280
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 7:15 PM
After
When I was in the Army I use to do it

Quoting MommaH4:

i have a pair of Danskos (i think thats how you spell it) they were over 100$ i have had them for 2 weeks and noting is helping, would you recomment doing and epsom salt soak after every shift?. or before??

Quoting KW1280:

Epsom salt is good for inflammation also mix 1:1 peppermint oil to water in a small spray bottle and spray your feet reduces swelling and cools your feet. You can get the proper shoes at a foot store like BFF. You can also buy nurses' shoes

PinkButterfly66
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Cross trainers would be the best thing for your feet.  They have really good arch support.  

OMGLasersPOWPOW
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Yeah, hate to say it but you'll get used to it.  I work 12-14 hour shifts and only get 1 30 minute break, sometimes no break at all.  And I'm on my feet almost the whole time.  I bought some better shoes, and that helped, but you said you already tried that.. 

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:01 PM

What about something like these? 

I got to try them for free as part of a product review thing and they are pretty amazing! 

MommaH4
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:45 PM

i will try anything! haha thank you!

Quoting splatz:

What about something like these? 

I got to try them for free as part of a product review thing and they are pretty amazing! 

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I know how you feel. I stand on my feet all day too.

celestegood
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Its true.

Quoting LittleBirdFly:

I have done a job like that for years, you will get used to it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Hugs. It does get better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessie0221
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:04 PM

See a dr.  My dad is a mailman (has been for 31 yrs)  and had symptoms like that and they told him he had plantar facisitis.  A week of steroids and physical therapy got him right back to work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)