Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

1 year old not eating?

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 4:29 PM
  • 22 Replies
Is it normal for a 1 year old not to eat or eat very little? She's not sick or anything she eat a little bit and then won't eat anything else for a while and then come back and eat a little bit again and so on and so forth.
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goodmama85
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Bump
myangels2
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:08 PM
My DS3 hardly ate any solids until he was almost 14 months old. He was happy with just breast milk. He's 18 months now and will eat almost anything I put in front of him, but still eats very little compared to my other two who were eating t-bones at 6 months...;)

I'd say it's pretty normal. Are you breast feeding? Is she gaining weight?
lovemyhoney
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:09 PM
I went through something like that. Have you tried giving her finger foods? Maybe she wants more independence.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd was like that. Don't worry about it unless she is underweight and not growing.

Quoting goodmama85:

Is it normal for a 1 year old not to eat or eat very little? She's not sick or anything she eat a little bit and then won't eat anything else for a while and then come back and eat a little bit again and so on and so forth.
goodmama85
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:25 PM
I was only able to breastfeed for a month :( yea she's pretty much gaining weight.guess I'm just a worrywart because my older ate like food was going out of style hell still do lol.

Quoting myangels2:

My DS3 hardly ate any solids until he was almost 14 months old. He was happy with just breast milk. He's 18 months now and will eat almost anything I put in front of him, but still eats very little compared to my other two who were eating t-bones at 6 months...;)

I'd say it's pretty normal. Are you breast feeding? Is she gaining weight?
Kellileanne
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:27 PM
I have this issue but my 13 month old isn't gaining. :(
goodmama85
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Yes.she's been eating table and finger foods for a while she won't even touch the baby food anymore .

Quoting lovemyhoney:

I went through something like that. Have you tried giving her finger foods? Maybe she wants more independence.
goodmama85
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Oh ok I'm just a worrywart anyway though lol thank you :)

Quoting Janet:

My dd was like that. Don't worry about it unless she is underweight and not growing.

Quoting goodmama85:

goodmama85
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Have you talk to her pedi?

Quoting Kellileanne:

I have this issue but my 13 month old isn't gaining. :(
lovemyhoney
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I would give her foods she can eat for herself. Maybe she likes the independence. But if she's healthy and your doctor isn't concerned I wouldn't worry. Children go through phases. If she's teething that could be why she doesn't want to eat much either.

Quoting goodmama85:

Yes.she's been eating table and finger foods for a while she won't even touch the baby food anymore .

Quoting lovemyhoney:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)