Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Help me shop for her!!

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:41 PM
  • 11 Replies

two, of my  kids birthdays are together. My daughter will be one on october 31, and my son 4 on november 1st.

i already have my sons (big) presents picked for his bday and christmas!(a batman couch, chair and ottoman set and a batman carseat) Still no clue what to get daughter! I'm used to shopping for a boy!! I have a 2 year old step daughter, but shes easy because she can tell me what she likes, everything purple and dora(her birthday and christmas getting her the same things as son, but in dora)

What do u get a one year old girl? Would it be terrible of me to kinda "skimp" her this year and not go all out like i am for the other two? Even if i dont spend near as much on her (seeing as shed be just as happy with a box) I'd still like to get her something special....

Myhusband and i agreed this year NO TOYS for any of them, They have way to many to even care to play with, thats why we're going with things like the couch and carseat. Things they can acually benefit from but love at the same time.... 

Any ideas?

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlapItHigh
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I don't have a girl but here's a bump. 

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Hmmm the no toys thing does make it a bit hard and took away my suggestions lol. Yes, you can skimp and she won't know the difference. 

Clothes, books, savings bond, disney movies (she is a bit young but it is for sure something she can grow into over the next year)? I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. 

I got DD this for her first birthday and she plays with it ALL the time, she will be 3 this week. 

SummerStorms
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with the no toys if they have so many thing. I agree with spatz' s ideas like clothes or books :) Perhaps clothes, or a piece of cute silver jewellery that will stay with her for life? I still have the one my mother got me, my daughter wears it now.

What does she watch her stepsister do? :)

luvmybug
by Amanda on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I would get non messy art stuff like bathtub finger paint and crayons. Those are always fun.
my4loves4
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:35 PM

i saw this last night while i was browsing, and was thinking the same thing, i just got a little mermaid table for her room so the tea set she could use with that!

Quoting splatz:

Hmmm the no toys thing does make it a bit hard and took away my suggestions lol. Yes, you can skimp and she won't know the difference. 

Clothes, books, savings bond, disney movies (she is a bit young but it is for sure something she can grow into over the next year)? I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. 

I got DD this for her first birthday and she plays with it ALL the time, she will be 3 this week. 

my4loves4
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

maybe more footsie pjs, her and her brother love to wear them together, theyd wear them all day if id let them! lol, and i like the jelewry idea, my brother made us all personalized dog tags, with the army logo on front and a inscription on back, when he left for the millitary, i have my sons put away until hes a little older, and i wear mine everyday, DD wasnt born yet so she didnt get one, maybe I can have DH  (also military) make her a special father/daughter one!!! Shes closer to her brother than sister, shes already a bit of a tom boy!! Loves wrestling with the boys. But she does share her sisters love for dora! Im just trying to avoid going there, because then they fight over it haha.

Quoting SummerStorms:

I agree with the no toys if they have so many thing. I agree with spatz' s ideas like clothes or books :) Perhaps clothes, or a piece of cute silver jewellery that will stay with her for life? I still have the one my mother got me, my daughter wears it now.

What does she watch her stepsister do? :)

swankyymama
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:57 PM
No toys...bOoooo.....lol jk I'm so big on the holidays I simply go crazy but I do get it my girls too have too many toys so around this time of the year I always get rid of toys they have outgrown or destroyed but to answer your question here are some ideas on gift show about hey special day for just heR( the 1yr)you can do something like a class or pottery another idea would be too buy educational item the Childrens Museum of Indianapolis has some really cool toys that teach children through plaY. and what about a pEt??but in my opinion the one year olds birthday slash Christmas is just as important maybe evaluate having toys all together or not
CampClan
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Get her LeapFrog learning toys. There is a LeapPad that is about $100. Plus the cartridges. Technically it's a toy but it's a learning toy.

my4loves4
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

lol i know i always go all out, even if its not a holiday, if i see something they would like, i get it. But this has led to wayyyyyy to much haha. They have a playoom full, plus all their rooms have tons of toys. I'm most likely going to cave a get them a couple little toys, i really liked the tea set another mom commented. And i like the childrens museum idea, i could make a trip out of it, we could spend the day at the museum then take her to the gift shop after!! and no pets, i got them a kitten a couple months ago thats more than enough for me haha its like having another kid sometimes!

Quoting swankyymama:

No toys...bOoooo.....lol jk I'm so big on the holidays I simply go crazy but I do get it my girls too have too many toys so around this time of the year I always get rid of toys they have outgrown or destroyed but to answer your question here are some ideas on gift show about hey special day for just heR( the 1yr)you can do something like a class or pottery another idea would be too buy educational item the Childrens Museum of Indianapolis has some really cool toys that teach children through plaY. and what about a pEt??but in my opinion the one year olds birthday slash Christmas is just as important maybe evaluate having toys all together or not

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:56 PM

It is one of my favorites of all of her toys. It was one thing she could play with and enjoy at 1 but now she really gets into pretending with it. :)

What about a membership to somewhere? Do you have a local zoo, museum, etc?   DD's big gift this year is a zoo membership. (Though its more a gift for all of us! lol) We were trying to avoid the tons of toys route as well. 

Quoting my4loves4:

i saw this last night while i was browsing, and was thinking the same thing, i just got a little mermaid table for her room so the tea set she could use with that!

Quoting splatz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN