Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to open a community for wives who are fed up and need somewhere to go.

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:14 AM
  • 13 Replies

In my life, I have depended on men one to many times, and I have decided instead of worrying where I'm going to live or who I am going to lean on next, I want to open a home where other women are welcome with their children who can all work together to get by and be there for eachother. Women need to know that they can do better for themselves and their children and do not need a man to get by. 

I want to build a community where women make eachother stronger, and men are not allowed. 

I'm sure this has already been done but whos to say it cant be done a bit differently right?

What do you guys think about this idea?

by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
15inbetween
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:19 AM
3 moms liked this
Yay finally I will get to live in a house where the toilet paper gets replaced by other people and the dishes get washed by everyone after we enjoy a meal we cooked together. Sign me up sister I'm there. But I would miss my family sometimes. And James would really miss me in about two days since that whole toilet paper thing is beyond him.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:29 AM
I think it would be a good thing. It would take a lot of work and dedication.
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I think it's an awesome idea !

lazyd
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Ive always wanted to do this!  I just cant stand how women cant live without their man and than they post on CM bout how its destroying their lives.  We women can live WITHOUT men just fine!  Maybe men would become more respectful if they knew that we could live just jfine without them, but they couldnt live without US!  LOL!  Sorry, but there are just not men out there who can cook, clean, cater to us women, pick up after themselves, do laundry, take care of the kids & pets all w/o whining!  (Glad n lucky for you IF you TRULY did find that man)

SlapItHigh
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:43 AM

My great Aunt is a Dominican Sister and she started a home like that she has run for decades.  She helps women (often with their children) get education or trade/skill training so that they can support themselves and their families.  The home provides a place to stay, food, clothing, counseling, resources, etc.

The only thing I can say about your plan is that while it seems to be coming from a good place, it also seems to be fuelled by a bit of anger which could be problematic.  It makes sense to not allow men to stay in a home for women but if you are talking about an entire community, keep in mind that children have a right to see their fathers and be invovled in their lives.  I think a community can support women without being hostile towards men. 

MagicTemptation
by New Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I know they have shelters and homes for women and children. But honestly seeing how women can be so cruel to each other on here. I'm not sure I would personally like that idea.

AWallewein
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Thats been running through my mind over and over. There would be rules, and respect would be one of them. THere would be an agreement and if its broken they would have a certain amount of time to figure something else out or we would provide recourses for them to get the somewhere else that is safe. 

Quoting MagicTemptation:

I know they have shelters and homes for women and children. But honestly seeing how women can be so cruel to each other on here. I'm not sure I would personally like that idea.

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:51 PM

This made me LOL... so true! 

Quoting 15inbetween:

Yay finally I will get to live in a house where the toilet paper gets replaced by other people and the dishes get washed by everyone after we enjoy a meal we cooked together. Sign me up sister I'm there. But I would miss my family sometimes. And James would really miss me in about two days since that whole toilet paper thing is beyond him.

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I lived in a domestic violence shelter for 6 months. You would be amazed at how much people can pull together when they need to. Yes, there was cattiness on rare occasions. But we were essentially one big family working together to better our lives. 

Quoting MagicTemptation:

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I laughed out loud too.

Quoting splatz:

This made me LOL... so true! 

Quoting 15inbetween:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)