Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What if Your Car DID Make Everything Better?

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 53 Replies

Sure, the series of posts we're all working on have to do with different elements of back to school without any real mention of the Chevy Traverse — the sponsor of this series. But I've found I'm having a hard time not talking about my Traverse, because since getting our Traverse in 2011 everything has become easier now that we have a car that can do everything we need it to do, safely and reliably. Early morning drop off in the dead of winter? Heated seats and auto start to the rescue. Need to pick up an entire group of kids after school? Third row seating at your service. Weekend getaway with the family? Plenty of cargo space for everything we need. Pooped? Let me fold down that third row, pull out all the spare blankets and you can take a nap while the kids and I play at the park.

I get why people love minivans, I really do. But I only have a family of two with no intention of making it any bigger anytime soon. If someone comes along to join our family? We have the room. If we stay four forever? We'll never outgrow our Traverse nor feel as though we have *too much* car. 

What are some of the things we use our Traverse for the most? Road trips for one, Cody and I both grew up in families that wholeheartedly believed in the art of the road trip. Now that we're in the Midwest we are driving distance from a dozen different places we can explore together as a family over the weekend. We've also been known to load up the girls' bikes and head to a local park for a ride on nature trails. This year we watched fireworks from the back and on really hot days at the pool we retreated to the shade of the rear cargo area for a picnic (plenty of room for three of us with the third row seats folded down.) When family comes to town there's no need to take two cars anywhere and huge trips to warehouse stores aren't dependant on how much I can fit between two car seats and into a tiny trunk.

So this wasn't ever supposed to be about the Traverse, but gosh I love my car too much not to say anything. Less than 8 years from now my oldest will be learning how to drive behind the wheel of my Traverse, I hope she'll be driving around some good memories when the time comes.

What family memories do you have with your car?

Read about the Chevy Traverse at #TraverseTested

by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pootersmomi
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Our last van was 10 years old when we got rid of it. So many memories. We brought DS home in that car when he was born. Vacations, sporting events and so much more.

Madelaine
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Our CRV is ten years old now and we brought home two babies in it!

Quoting pootersmomi:

Our last van was 10 years old when we got rid of it. So many memories. We brought DS home in that car when he was born. Vacations, sporting events and so much more.

jen113000
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Vacations and long trips!
matt_sara_mom
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 11:45 AM

My best memories are the day DH drove 15 hours to meet me for the first time, when we both took a week long trip so that I could meet his family for the first time, and when I moved from Kansas to Indiana to be with him. 

Kaci
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Mobile Photo

Having my service dog with me when I went somewhere. He loved to go! He passed July 2 from Lymphoma.
dusky_rose
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I had a mini van until someone stole it and sold the back seat so it was totalled. Now I have a Jeep compass which seats 5 and we go on day trips in it a lot.

dusky_rose
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I love the doggie smile! So sorry for your loss. :-(

Quoting Kaci:

Mobile Photo

Having my service dog with me when I went somewhere. He loved to go! He passed July 2 from Lymphoma.

arpazia
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Moving:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Road trips

countrygirlkat
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I really need to look at the Traverse when we go car shopping!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)