Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Just need to vent..Has this happened to you?

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:01 AM
  • 16 Replies

My husband gets his kids every weekend, and this past saturday his work place rented out six flags over georiga. Well his ex wife knew he was going to get the kids last weekend and the kids also wanted to come down. He had told her when he was going to pick the kids up like he always does just to make sure she was there. She had told him that the kids needed to stay because she had told a friend of her's that she would wach her oldest son whish just so happenes to be my step sons friend. My husband had old her our plains so she knew what was going on and all she would say was "well i told so and so that i would watch there son so i dont think it is a good idea that the kids come down, because that will be teaching the oldest child that he can turn his back on people who he cals his friends". She knew we had plains and she knew that the kids had wanted to come down even before she told this other mother that she would watch her son. She wouldn't tell my husband anything. So we ended up driving almost a hour to her house to pick u the kids for her not to even be there. She got the kids off the bus and left so we was not able to pick them up. He had called her to try to pick u the kids and he had asked where she was and even told her that we would drive to where ever she was to pick them up and that if the other little boy wanted to go with us then he was more than welcome to join us. She wouldnt not tell him where she was and just flat out told him no not but heck no was he getting the kids that weekend then she hung up on him and would not answer anymore of his phone calls or text. If she was the one plaining on going to six flags then she wouldn't of let the kids come to our house because it was something that she had plained. It just makes me mad that she took this away from ths kids, she knew they were coming down but still told the other mother that she would watch her son.The weekend before we ended up not getting the kids cuz my husband work asked him to work that weekend, he had asked his ex wife if the kids where wanting to come down she had said no so he told work that he would come in, for her to turn around as tell us that we had to go pick up the kids right then and there knowing that he said he would work because she had told us the kids where not wanting to come down then turns it around on him and said it was his fault that he should be disapointed for letting the kids down. What gets me the most is that we have been married over 2 years and he still sits there and lets her run all over him and yell and bicker and what not and will just sit there and take it.GGRRRR. Thank you so much for reading i just needed to vent really bad. If this had ever happened to you what did you do to help out?? 

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Are the visitations court ordered? Does she flake out on letting him take the kids often? Sorry you guys are struggling with this. If its bad enough see if you guys can take it back to court for her not holding up her end. 

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Found your post!

youngmother606
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:54 AM

yes we do have roblems with her flaking out on us. He should get the kids every weekend,  but some weekends we don't because his kids want to stay the night at a friends from school so he will let them stay. He wants to spend time with the kids but he also wants them to be able to see there friends also. So maybe one week out of the month he will let them stay because of that but the others he wants the kids. This is not the first time she has done this to us.Like this past thanks giving he was to have the kids in the morning and her that evening it was on a thursday i believe. Well the year before he didnt get the kids because of money problems on having to pick them up we have to drive almost a hour to pick them up, well with this past thinks giving he asked if he could just keep the kids because he would have to go pick them up that morning and take them home that evening then ick them up the morning of the next day, We didn't have the money to go back and forth that much she told him no and that since he didnt have the gas he was not getting them on thanks giving or that weekend. On father's day he was to have the kids and she took them out of state. We have many problems with her doing this.

youngmother606
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:57 AM

He is going to take her back to court with all of the problems she is causing us. She use to let the kids run aound her house and all me the B word and we know this because oneweekend we had the kids the oldest called me a B and his father got on to him for him to say why daddy mommy lets me call her that!! Even tho is has caused so many problems that should not be needed there is still a big chance that we wont get the kids, which stinks cause she realy dont want them but she doesn't want to just hand  the kids over because she doesn't want to look like a bad mother, she wants everyone to think that we taken them from her.

youngmother606
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:13 AM

lol im sorry i had hit enter when i ment to hit back and i have no clue how to delete the other i'm new here

timefor2
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Wow she sounds rude....I hope everything works out and I'm sorry your family is going through this.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:06 AM

sounds like she did this out of spite.  and it's too bad that she's so petty that she would keep the kids form an opportunity to have an awesome day @ Six flags.

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I hate parents that do shit like this to their kids! Kids should never be put in the middle of a divorce spat and used as pawns to get back at the other parent.

youngmother606
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:11 PM

She is very rude and we think she did do it just out of spite because she knew we had this plained and yet she wouldnt let them go because she told another mother she would watch her son.My husband trys not to put the kids in the middle of things like this, like for example  last halloween the weekend before she had told the kids that she would take them to go buy there costums even tho she had them all week and could of done that anythime then, but because she told the kids this he did not make them come down. There has been many times where she has known we had plains and wouldn't let the kids comes down or she would tell the kids that she would do this or that, on that weekend so they didn't want to come down.

youngmother606
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Oh and the weekends are court ordered its in the divorce apers that he gets the kids every weekend, and some holidays on even years and the other holidays on the odd years

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)