Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Can you remember the last time you and dh...

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:46 PM
  • 26 Replies
2 moms liked this

Can you remember the last time you and your d/h or s/o were intimate?

I usually don't talk about these things but this is one of my favorite groups and everyone here is pretty good at giving advice without being rude.

My DH and I were watching TV last night and one of those male enhancement commercials came on. We just usually roll our eyes and wait for the show to come back on but last night at the part of the commercial that says 'for erections lasting longer than 6 hours, contact a doctor', I heard him mutter 'lucky guy' under his breath.

I just blew it off, but after we went to bed, I just laid there thinking about it. My mind started wandering and I realized that it has been over a month since we were intimate. A MONTH. How did this happen? We were are usually really regular in this department, but lately life has just gotten in the way. I have been stressed and tired and so busy that I haven't even thought about it. How sad is that. 

I am making a point to be more present and aware in our relationship because I just cannot believe I let this part of our relationship fall to the wayside.

Does 'life' every get in way of your intimate relationship with your s/o? What was the longest you went without being intimate and did it negatively effect you guys?

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DanaG70
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I honestly can't remember the last time my husband and I have been intimate, it's not that I don't want to, it's because my husband can't and won't go to the doctor. He's 51 and embarrassed he can't perform.

I really wish he would swallow his pride and just go to the doctor, but I can't force him.

We still love each other, we still cuddle at night, but I will admit that there is something miss about the closeness of being intimate, but it isn't a deal breaker, we are still very much in love with each other and strong in our marriage.

(I think the last time we were intimate, was in April.)

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:07 PM

We are still very much in love and adore eachother too. I just don't have the excuse your husband does, you know. I don't have a performance issue, I just let it go, which I think is worse.

I honestly don't know how I let this happen.

Quoting DanaG70:

I honestly can't remember the last time my husband and I have been intimate, it's not that I don't want to, it's because my husband can't and won't go to the doctor. He's 51 and embarrassed he can't perform.

I really wish he would swallow his pride and just go to the doctor, but I can't force him.

We still love each other, we still cuddle at night, but I will admit that there is something miss about the closeness of being intimate, but it isn't a deal breaker, we are still very much in love with each other and strong in our marriage.

(I think the last time we were intimate, was in April.)

lilbit53009
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:10 PM

yes...it's rare if we even go 1 day

he went to a baseball game last night so i was sleeping when he got home...i'll be all over him tonight to make up tho :) lol

sex is very important to us...it's always been something that reconnected us at the end of each day. so we always make a point to not let anything get in the way of it.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Life gets in the way sometimes, but it has been 3 days since we were intimate.

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Sometimes life gets hectic and we lose time, especially when we have little kids, I remember being so tired that the last thing I wanted to think about was sex, it's understandable that you let it go for so long.

Dress up in his favorite nightie after the kids go to bed and walk in front of your husband, it'll get his fire lit. =)

Quoting Reina13:

We are still very much in love and adore eachother too. I just don't have the excuse your husband does, you know. I don't have a performance issue, I just let it go, which I think is worse.

I honestly don't know how I let this happen.

NeonGirl9583
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Humm.. Monday lol
Junebaby18
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:06 AM
For us it was July 8, the day this baby was conceived. I'm not on pelvic rest or anything, just life has gotten in the way. We unfortunately don't even sleep in the same room since he has really bad insomnia and wakes up when I roll over or sigh in my sleep. Then he can't go back to sleep for hours, if at all. It's very frustrating and I'm not dealing well with it.
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Hummm maybe it was sometime this week..
2Sparrows4ever
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Wednesday night
Momma.to.1
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:42 AM
It was Sunday. We don't normally go this long, but between our work schedules and our toddler, it just hasn't happened.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN