Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Change of child care! What to do!

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:00 PM
  • 11 Replies
At the beginning of November, I will be starting to send our then 19 mo old daughter to stay with a very good friend of ours while I work. She's been going to stay with her grandma & grandpa since she was born, but when they found out that I was pregnant again, they decided they were no longer interested! (That's a whole story in itself! And it just makes me irritated, that they flat out said they don't care about the next child because "they already have a grandchild".... last time I checked every child is a blessing!!!) But they are some people who believe that a baby is not a human life until it is born, that is SO not our beliefs! But that is NOT the point of this post! I am wondering, what are some things that you all send with your kids to daycare? It's a good friend but will still be like daycare. I have never done this before. What are some things that will make the transition smoother for her from your experience? How much stuff do I send of daipers, wipes, etc. I have absolutely no idea where to start! What are the important things!?!?!?! I'd appreciate any advice and guidance!
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Did you ask her what you needed to bring.WE packed diapers,wipes,snacks in ziplock bags.Does she babysit a few kids?

slgilliam
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:31 PM

When I shop for home, I shop for daycare too. regarding diapers, wipes, lotion, sun block, bug spray etc. My babysitter supplies and makes food so that's the one thing I don't worry about. She also keep 1-2 extra outfits, pacifier and a swimsuit for weather permitting. She lets me know when she is getting low on something. I just use the rule of thumb if I need it at home go ahead and buy extra for daycare as well.

Junebaby18
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:36 AM
A regular pack of wipes, a pack of diapers with her name written on each one, an extra set of clothes with her name written inside it, sippy cup with name written on it, 1-2 pacifiers if taken. I've done daycare and had two of my kids in daycare for short periods of time. Bring the same things she would use during your days off to the sitter. Don't bring any special toys or they might get broken or lost. Maybe a small security blanket if she uses one.
ladodger
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:36 AM
She has her own 2 kids at home. Not a bunch of kids! The older 2 are in school. So she will be the only other kid there until next summer when her little brother or sister starts going!
aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Sippy cup, diapers, wipes, toys, food,.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I would buy a small box of diapers and wipes and send it with her every month! Also I would see if she wants you to bring food and snacks or if she can provide them if you give her like an extra budget for it! And leave a few extra outfits there just in case!

ladodger
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Thanks for all the help! So new to me!
CampClan
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Infants- blanket (thin/recieving), bottles (enough for the day plus one just incase), formula or breast milk, pacifier (if you choose to have your child use one). Plenty of diapers & wipes, & at least 3 extra outfits (you know just in case).

19 month old- 2-3 sippy cups (breakfast, lunch, & snack), blanket, diapers & wipes (if needed), & plenty of extra clothes. 

I work in a daycare & this is what we tell new parents. As for how many diapers- figure out how long the children will be there & guess on a change every 2 hours (this is what we do at daycare) unless the child has a BM. I have a child at daycare that is there 6am to 6pm & she goes through 5-8 changes a day at the most. When my LO was in diapers I would just take a box of diapers to daycare & it usually lasted a week & a half to 2 weeks. Wipes would last about a week so I would take a package of refills (usually about 6-8 packs in the box).

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Quoting aj_mom:

Sippy cup, diapers, wipes, toys, food,.

Squirrel1309
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I send diapers (about 4 for a day,) wipes, extra clothes, a snack and his lunch, a couple toys and his lovie.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)