Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

advice please

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 12:04 AM
  • 9 Replies
What can I do ? My sister got an iphone5 and had my 16 yr old daughter pay 4 it and put on her plan even after telling her twice not 2 give her the phone. I told my daughter she has 2 much 2 save 4 right now. I was gonna buy her a car, all she had 2 do was pay insurance. She had a phone that I gave her she said was a piece of crap and my plan is not up til may, plus she is a senior this yr. She only works 16 hrs and thinks w everything she can afford a phone bill, which my sister told her was a way 4 her 2 learn responsibilty. I told her that phone has 2 b returned and she has totally disrespected me and told me no several times "no she will not b returning the phone " I am sick 2 my stomach over this. I will not b buying her a car. She had it made she did not pay me a dime 4 gas or her phone and wud have had a car. What should I do besides cry and scream 4 being so disrespected
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mopsmommy5
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this
She made a big girl decision, now let her have the natural consequences of no money without a car! It hurts to watch our kid's mess up but they have to learn too!!
Caera
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't read posts that use numbers in place of actual words, like "for" and "to".

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:55 AM
What's done is done. They won't let your sistet out of the out of her contract. Obviously she's an adult and went along with it.

Don't get the car, no money for the phone bill. It will eventually be turned off. Gotta let go and let her and sister deal with it as it was behind your back. Previous poster is correct , using numbers for letters is very hard to read. In the future, please use the full words.
Hartbrayka
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:17 AM

I wouldn't be mad at your daughter, I'd be mad at your sister.  Why would your sister do this without asking YOUR permission first? 

hardworker694
by Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:36 AM
It is, I'm torn apart. This is not the first time my sisters have tried to interfer. This sister hss no kids and has tried her hardest to stay cling w my oldest and now she has my daughter way off the path I was as a mom trying to guide her. After everything I have done, given up and gone out of my way for my daughter, to have her sit there and tell me repeatedly no she will not br giving the phone its hers even over having a car makes me sick. She has no intentions of listening to what I have to say causr my sister told her I was just trying to control her. I have never been this disrespected by family this bad nor my daughter. Its hard cause Ik where she is gonna end

Quoting mopsmommy5:

She made a big girl decision, now let her have the natural consequences of no money without a car! It hurts to watch our kid's mess up but they have to learn too!!

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 21, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with this.

Quoting mopsmommy5:

MichelleMc
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 12:27 PM

No way would I get her the car. Let her & your sister deal with it. Don't give in to anything & don't bend or budge. Just because your sister did something, your daughter shouldn't go for it, but she did. So you need to stand your ground with both of them. Don't give in, don't give money. Do what you need to, give her food & a roof, period. 

sissy502
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I'd tell dd that she will be buying her own car & paying her own bills.

littlepinkrose
by Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Time for tough love.  She was trying to show that she can handle a phone bill and should be allowed to have any phone she wants.  Well now she has the phone she wants just don't give her anything else. If she wants to exercise her rights at adulthood then she can deal with everything as an adult.  Since she broke the rules while under your roof then she suffers the consequences.  No car and no money for anything.  She can have a place to live and food in her stomach that is all.  Let her know that and also that you love her and will support her with food and shelter anything else she needs to find a way to pay for it herself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN