Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Are you afraid of death and leaving your children behind.

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:25 AM
  • 25 Replies

Poll

Question: What have I done to prepare?

Options:

A trust and legal guardians

What I try to avoid doing

Being on motorcycle

Flying alone

All risky sports

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 0

Yes, I am very afraid of being dead and leaving my kids behind.

by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mygirls53
by New Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Im scared cause I have no one to take them. Theyd end up god knows where unless theirndad took them, hes an alcoholic and probably wouldnt make the best decisions. Or hed send them to mexico with his parents and I dont want them.to be taken there.
Mamie_85
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

scared? no. death doesn't scare me. it makes me sad to think of dying too early, because yes my kids need me, but i know they'd live just fine without me. i have a great family. but, i'm not ready to go. there are too many things i have left to do for me.

softspoken24
by New Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:44 AM

i am afraid of death because i want my kids to grow togethor and have a good relationship and i dont have any one who would step and say oh yeah i can will take them if any thing ever hapeened to you and finding some to take your kids is not always easy and so yeah terrified of death after they are  outta college and have families of their own maybe then i will not be but time will tell

LadyGlick
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:52 AM
2 moms liked this
No. I am afraid of my children dying and leaving me behind.
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 21, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I'm not afraid. I don't avoid things.

MichelleMc
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 12:24 PM

For sure don't avoid things. When its your time, it is your time & you can't avoid it. So stop living, makes no sense. I mean, don't walk out in front of a bus doing 70, LOL. But otherwise, no way. 

I had a will, a living will & a plan for my son when he was younger, but otherwise, no. I lived life. I would never stop riding a motorcycle with my husband, flying alone? This one I don't understand, wouldn't flying together be more scary? Parents usually fly alone when they are worried so that one of the parents will be there for the kids. 

black_sun99
by Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 12:26 PM

If both my husband and I died my brother would get our children.  I know that they would raise them right.  I have absolutely no fear of death but I do know that me dying would be very hard on the children. That is what I fear.

zboys
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I don't see a poll.

I'm not afraid of death.  I'm not afraid of leaving my kids behind since they are young adults now.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Sep. 21, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Not afraid.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Sep. 21, 2013 at 5:46 PM

It crosses my mind time to time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)