Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Seat pets. Are they safe?

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 5:04 PM
  • 23 Replies
How safe do you think these things are? To me they don't look like they would be very safe to use. When the kid plays with it while its on the seatbelt, they pull it away from themselves to see it and play with it. That doesn't seem safe to me since they need the shoulder strap over their shoulders and not out in front of them.

Here is what they are. I can't make it clicky as I'm mobile. They come in many different types if animals.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CAEEDC0
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Sep. 21, 2013 at 5:47 PM

bump

shjchica
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 5:56 PM

It's not meant to be played with. It goes on the seat bealt of a child that is old enough to be in a backless booster to be used like a pillow - think of these for adults http://www.amazon.com/Auto-Expressions-Sheepskin-Shoulder-Pad-Grey/dp/B000CAINRK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1379800563&sr=8-2&keywords=seat+belt+covers.

kat1116
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I think they don't look safe at all.Anything that changes the way the seatbelt fits is asking for trouble in my opinion.

Junebaby18
by Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Quoting shjchica:

It's not meant to be played with. It goes on the seat bealt of a child that is old enough to be in a backless booster to be used like a pillow - think of these for adults http://www.amazon.com/Auto-Expressions-Sheepskin-Shoulder-Pad-Grey/dp/B000CAINRK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1379800563&sr=8-2&keywords=seat+belt+covers. 

They're not SUPPOSED to be played with, but they look just like a toy and I'm sure kids will play with them. It says on the commercial that they have pockets for toys and other stuff, but those things are also on the back of the thing. That would mean they have to move the seat pet away from their body while its connected to the seatbelt.
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:08 PM

If it's just a comfort pad for the seat belt, I've used them. They seem safe, it's just 1/8" of padding.

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:20 PM

No way!!

mopsmommy5
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:43 PM
I use one similar to this and if it wasn't for this padding on my shoulder I would have been badly bruised in a car accident! I'm very thankful I had it on mine!
star33
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:37 PM

i'd like to get my kids one.

celestegood
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Quoting kat1116:

I think they don't look safe at all.Anything that changes the way the seatbelt fits is asking for trouble in my opinion.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I was too but I'd like to know they are safe.

Quoting star33:

i'd like to get my kids one.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN