Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How long do i have to wait before breastfeeding again,

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 5:19 PM
  • 11 Replies
if i were to just drink one glass of wine? Im guessing 24 hours right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaToCollin
by Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Safe to drive, safe to nurse.  No need to pump and dump.

SlapItHigh
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 12:26 AM
No, you don't have to wait at all. One glass of wine is not enough to impact your milk. If you feel drunk then wait until you sober up to nurse. It leaves the milk when it leaves the blood stream. One or two drinks is totally fine to nurse and can even help.
sarahbell811
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 12:46 AM

The general rule is safe to drive, safe to nurse. One glass of wine probably won't have any affect really. You should be fine :) When I was nursing, if we went out for the night or something and had some drinks, I'd just make sure I had an extra bottle of pumped milk in the fridge just in case.

AriannaBadwolf
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Someone told me once that if you pump out the milk after a beer or two and leave it uncovered in the fridge, the alcohol would evaporate out.

I've never been sure about this, but I only ever had (nasty) champagne twice during nursing so I guess I really don't have a worry.

Randi02
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 1:43 PM

This.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

No, you don't have to wait at all. One glass of wine is not enough to impact your milk. If you feel drunk then wait until you sober up to nurse. It leaves the milk when it leaves the blood stream. One or two drinks is totally fine to nurse and can even help.

BlessedMammaof2
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 1:46 PM
I'd wait an hour or two just for good measure but if you only have one glass you'd be fine nursing.
SlapItHigh
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:11 PM
This is true. No need to dump pumped milk if you've had alcohol.

Quoting AriannaBadwolf:

Someone told me once that if you pump out the milk after a beer or two and leave it uncovered in the fridge, the alcohol would evaporate out.

I've never been sure about this, but I only ever had (nasty) champagne twice during nursing so I guess I really don't have a worry.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Quoting SlapItHigh:

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Did not know that....
Quoting SlapItHigh:

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I didn't know that! Not that I drink anyways lol

Quoting SlapItHigh:

This is true. No need to dump pumped milk if you've had alcohol.

Quoting AriannaBadwolf:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)