Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I want my tummy back!

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:20 AM
  • 9 Replies

I was a six pack chic before I got pregnant with my son. It was no big deal to me then (even though I worked for hard for them and to stay in shape), but now my son is going on 5 and Ive been trying to get my body back the whole time and Ive got nothing! I love my body and curves everywhere and Im perfectly happy and content with it all EXCEPT for my tummy. :P bleh! I want to tone up. Anybody have any ideas? I know, I know I exercise (when I can!) but anything else that could help?

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Idk anything other that exercise to get back a stomach like that.

kcangel63
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:12 PM
I did a lot of running. I was using C25K. I didn't quite get where I wanted before getting pregnant again. However here are my pictures if you want to see.

I'm going to get DDP Yoga and am continuing to run to stay in shape with this pregnancy.

Taken day baby was born (Jan 8, 2013)

Uploaded with Imgupr

1 1/2 months after baby -

Uploaded with Imgupr

Last month (6 months of running)

Uploaded with Imgupr

kcangel63
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Exercise really is the only way to tone your tummy. This was baby 8. I've tried just Breastfeeding and healthy eating, and I've added exercise. The only time I toned my tummy and got in shape was with exercise.
AydensMommy1008
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:15 PM

WOW! Thats amazing! Go you!!! What is C25k? And when do you typically do your running? When I had my 6 pack I would do 100 sit ups, and run 2 miles daily. But that was when I was 19 and no babies and ALOT of free time which I dont have now. But awesome.. good for you!!! Thanks! :)

Quoting kcangel63:

I did a lot of running. I was using C25K. I didn't quite get where I wanted before getting pregnant again. However here are my pictures if you want to see.

I'm going to get DDP Yoga and am continuing to run to stay in shape with this pregnancy.

Uploaded with Imgupr

Uploaded with Imgupr

Uploaded with Imgupr

kcangel63
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:19 PM
If you have a smart phone you can buy the C25K app (a few dollars). It's Couch to 5K. It trains you to go from a couch potato to running 5K in 8 weeks. I've been on week 3 for... About 3 months. LOL! It got really hot (in Missouri) and I quit for a month until the weather cooled. Then morning sickness kicked my butt. I'm just starting to feel better.

It's only about 30-40 minutes every other day. I like to run around 7pm. Feed the kids, leave them with dh, and run. It's great stress relief.

Quoting AydensMommy1008:

WOW! Thats amazing! Go you!!! What is C25k? And when do you typically do your running? When I had my 6 pack I would do 100 sit ups, and run 2 miles daily. But that was when I was 19 and no babies and ALOT of free time which I dont have now. But awesome.. good for you!!! Thanks! :)

Quoting kcangel63:

Uploaded with Imgupr

Uploaded with Imgupr

Uploaded with Imgupr

AydensMommy1008
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Thank you! Thats amazing. Glad its working for you! :)

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Exercise and diet. Hip Hop abs is a good workout.
SlapItHigh
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Tracy Anderson has some good stomach workouts.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Hope things will work out and you get to where you want to be....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN