Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dating

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:13 PM
  • 42 Replies

So my almost 15 year old daughter wants to go out on a date. My husband is deployed so I can't talk to him about it as soon as I want to. She is deaf and I am concerned about letting her go out without me. She has been out with this boy before with her sister and his cousin. I'm just worried about her being taken advantage of. He seems to be nice...at least when he is at the house and out with us as a family...I don't know I need advice....SOON!!!

by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Oh Idk... I'd want to spend more time with the boy ... I just don't trust and I know what I was doing at 15.

AnnaMess
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Me too! That';s how I ended up with my kids to begin with.

Quoting goddess99:

Oh Idk... I'd want to spend more time with the boy ... I just don't trust and I know what I was doing at 15.

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:43 PM
not every 15 yr old is out having sex. I didn't even think about sex til I had graduated high school. Getting good grades and hanging out with all my friends was more important.

Quoting goddess99:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:44 PM
I say drop them off at McDonald's and pick them up in an hour.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnaMess
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:49 PM

It's not really a fear of sex, or at least I don't think it is. I'm just worried about her going off alone. 

Quoting Jenn8604:

not every 15 yr old is out having sex. I didn't even think about sex til I had graduated high school. Getting good grades and hanging out with all my friends was more important.

Quoting goddess99:

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Maybe not every girl but boys are looking for sex lol.

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting goddess99:

famiglia_bella
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:54 PM

If you decide yes, maybe just a short and simple like a bite to eat.

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Does this boy know sign language so they can communicate?

AnnaMess
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Yes actually he is also hearing impaired. (also contributing to the nervous reaction to the dating!)

Quoting goddess99:

Does this boy know sign language so they can communicate?

orchardmoma
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:59 PM
3 moms liked this

Do you trust your daughter? I had the rule of no dating until 16 but if I were you I would have a talk with her about what you expect of her with regards to when she needs to come home, make sure she has a cell with her in case she needs to text you during her date, i gave my daughter money in case she needed to call a cab for whatever reason. When the boy shows up I would have a discussion with him about what you expect of him also

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)