Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

So my almost 15 year old daughter wants to go out on a date. My husband is deployed so I can't talk to him about it as soon as I want to. She is deaf and I am concerned about letting her go out without me. She has been out with this boy before with her sister and his cousin. I'm just worried about her being taken advantage of. He seems to be nice...at least when he is at the house and out with us as a family...I don't know I need advice....SOON!!!

by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Replies (41-42):
AnnaMess
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I think I may let them go out with her sister to my friends restaurant and see how it goes. At least there I can know that they are being watched over and have help with communication if needed.

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting AnnaMess:

17 and his cousin is 18. They have been "dating" for a few years now. They started off just hanging out with the fmaily and last year I think the homecoming dance at school was their first official date. They actually introduced my younger one and the boy. They felt bad about leaving her at home or bringing her along as a third wheel. It was sweet!

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting AnnaMess:

He does come over to the house...often. I think they see her sister and his cousin going out and they want to be able to do that as well.
Quoting .Peaches.:

I think 15 is too young. Why can't he come over and hang out at the house if they want to spend time together?

How old is her sister?

Well how do you feel about her dating at 15? I would explain to her that her sister is allowed to go out because she's older. I think 16 is a good age to let them start hanging out alone and outside of the house, but that's just my opinion for my girls. I was allowed to hang out with my boyfriend a the house until I was 16 1/2, then I had my first real date.

.Peaches.
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Quoting AnnaMess:

I think I may let them go out with her sister to my friends restaurant and see how it goes. At least there I can know that they are being watched over and have help with communication if needed.

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting AnnaMess:

17 and his cousin is 18. They have been "dating" for a few years now. They started off just hanging out with the fmaily and last year I think the homecoming dance at school was their first official date. They actually introduced my younger one and the boy. They felt bad about leaving her at home or bringing her along as a third wheel. It was sweet!

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting AnnaMess:

He does come over to the house...often. I think they see her sister and his cousin going out and they want to be able to do that as well.
Quoting .Peaches.:

I think 15 is too young. Why can't he come over and hang out at the house if they want to spend time together?

How old is her sister?

Well how do you feel about her dating at 15? I would explain to her that her sister is allowed to go out because she's older. I think 16 is a good age to let them start hanging out alone and outside of the house, but that's just my opinion for my girls. I was allowed to hang out with my boyfriend a the house until I was 16 1/2, then I had my first real date.

Sounds like a good idea, at least they'll be chaperoned.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)