Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Having baby fever....BAD!

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:20 PM
  • 212 Replies
1 mom liked this

How many kids do y'all have? Are you finished having babies? When did you know for sure when you were done?

I am 33 (34 in Feb), my DH is 38. We have 3 children (my DSS is 20, our DS is 12 and our DD is 6) Our oldest (my DSS) and his girlfriend have a baby, he is 6 months old. So we are grandparents! We usually only get to see him, when his parents want/need something...makes me sad :(

Anyway, everyone I work with has either just had a baby or is pregnant...and lots of people I know is having babies.  My husband would love to have another baby, I am really not sure if I want another one, but I am having a SEVERE case of baby fever! If we were to have another one, it would definetly be our last.

Would it be awkward for us to have another baby? I mean we are still young enough. lol

My DD and DS both say that they would like to have a baby brother or sister. I am not really sure how well my DD would actually be once a baby was in the picture 24/7! I know she would love it, but she is the baby and is almost 7! lol

2009sig.gif picture by fredregillc

by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jlu88
by New Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:24 PM
2 moms liked this
I say go for it. I'm 25 only have in child, but were ttc at this point in time. I only want one more but dh wants 2 more not sure what will happen. You do what you feel comfortable doing, if you want another there is nothing wrong with that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:40 PM
I say go for it! Age gaps aren't so bad. My kids are 5 years apart. My best friend's kiddos are 7 years apart. Her daughter wasn't happy about a sibling at first. But she loves her little brother now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LABELmeCUTE
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:13 AM
6 moms liked this
You're not old, go for it
Steph103
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:13 AM

No I don't think so. My oldest daughter is younger by 5 years from my son.

TattooedMomto4
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:15 AM
5 moms liked this

You are only 33, it's not like you are 50 wanting a baby, so go for it. You may have a grandchild but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have another child if you want one. If you were 47 and your bio-children all in their 20's I'd say to re-think it but your children are 12 and 6, there's no reason to not have another child.

Lynette
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Go for it!  We have 4, our children are 11, 7, 4, & 1.  I just turned 36.

ladyluke2007
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I was 41 when I had my last one.  My husband was 57.  Go for it.  :)

Beebella
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:19 AM
2 moms liked this
I had my first at 33 ;) take some time before you decide. Never get pregnant because of baby fever. It may pass and you may be glad you didn't act on it. I guess the major factors are financial and time. If you have the money and resources for another one it might be a good idea to really discuss it.
thickmamaof2
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Well I'm 25 with a almost 6 year old and 4 year old. My dad has a 26 year old wife and a 4 year old and 3 month old sons. So I say go for it!
Karopie_99
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm 31 and have a 12, 5, 2 yr old and I'm due in 26 days with my 4th and last baby... if you want another baby, go for it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)