Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Is this normal for my breasts to feel this way?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:10 AM
  • 6 Replies
Im breastfeeding and whenever im nursing and my let down occurs it is very painful and feels like pins and needles, i think its making my nipples sore also bc my boy has a good latch. Is this normal??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Sep. 26, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Not sure. BUMP!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:00 PM
I never heard of pain with milk letdown. Usually when nipples get sore it's because they don't have a good latch on. Make sure he takes more than just your nipple in his mouth, but the (I forget what it's called) the dark area around your nipple in his mouth also.
kidlover2
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:01 PM
How old is your baby? My let down felt like pins and needles . Sore nipples are normal for the first couple of weeks.
AnnaMess
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Same with my oldest 2

Quoting kidlover2:

How old is your baby? My let down felt like pins and needles . Sore nipples are normal for the first couple of weeks.

Junebaby18
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:08 PM
I had the pins and needles feeling with letdown the whole 2 years I bf my dd.
lifeglow
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Turns out i had mastitus. A day after i posted this i got it for the second freakin time. The first time didnt hurt this bad. Im guessing it never went away completely. As soon as i felt the aches and pains and chills come back i knew i was getting mastitus again. Ugh. After i started taking antibiotics my letdown was not as near as painful and my nipples feel better.

Quoting kidlover2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN