Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you think they are being selfish?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 2:22 PM
  • 35 Replies
Moms that plan their kids to be a year apart...so that they can finish having kids early, being selfish? I feel like (now this is just my opinion) moms don't realize that they are not letting that first child have "their time" before you are already planning another one who is soon gonna take all your attention from them. I feel like that's is just sad. But like I said that's just my opinion. What's yours??
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzy_ellie
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I sorta agree. I have a friend that wants that too and she's on PA, so it's really stupid. I couldn't handle it because my 10 month old is a handful enough.

britmichele
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 2:38 PM
I don't really care what others do, but my son is almost 5 with downs and I don't want another until he's 7-8-9
Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Everyone feels different. What ever works for you I guess. I prefer them spaced further apart myself.
johnny4ever
Hiking!
Yesterday at 10:55 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Sep. 26, 2013 at 6:48 AM

I am lucky enough to have my only son

celestegood
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:21 AM
I ndont understand why anyone would do it...

Quoting lizzy_ellie:

I sorta agree. I have a friend that wants that too and she's on PA, so it's really stupid. I couldn't handle it because my 10 month old is a handful enough.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:21 AM
don't sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:30 AM
We all have diffrent opions.
splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:40 AM
What is "right" or ideal is different for everyone. Most people I know who have kids close in age didn't do it to finish having kids early though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
timefor2
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:10 AM

our kids are 23 months a part and they are close enough in age that at times it's a pain....There are times that I wish we would have waited to have our second child.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't necessarily think it's selfish I just don't really get people who "plan" their children with time and dates in mind  I'm a live and let live ; let nature take it's course type of person.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)