Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding 15 yrs after last child was born??? Anyone ever hear of this before?

Posted by   + Show Post
I was reading an article in a magazine. To make a long story short... This lady adopted 2 children, 15 years after her last child was born. She wanted to breastfeed them, so she went to her Dr. and he prescribed her Fenugreek, Blessed Thistle & Domperidone. To help her milk come in. And she began to pump. She also drank several cups of homemade Mother's Milk tea everyday. About 2 weeks later she began producing milk & was able to breastfeed both adopted children. She breastfed 1 till it was 1yr & the other till it was 3yrs. Has anyone ever done this or heard of it??? It was new to me. It sounds truely amazing after 15 years she could begin breastfeeding again.
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Replies (11-15):
pendragon928
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I work in a children's clinic and one of our providers specializes in lactation and we've had several similar cases. 

Junebaby18
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Even men can lactate the same way.
JTE11
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I know that some mothers can induce lactation to at least some degree; I'm impressed she did that well with it and could go so long. I think it's fabulous!

celestegood
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
It really, truly, is!

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Wow! thats cool

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:41 PM
That is true. Men do have breast tissue.

Quoting Junebaby18:

Even men can lactate the same way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)