Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Rambling - w/a few questions.?

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:35 AM
  • 5 Replies

Yes it’s getting closer and closer to my middle rugrat turning 13. “two teenagers in the house!”  eeek!   I sometimes even wonder if I am doing parenting for ONE teenager right, let alone TWO now. I guess all I can do is “hope” that I am raising them right. 

I worry so much about their futures and how things have just gotten worse as years go by in Rockford… well anywhere in the United States actually. 

Well then again I should move my family to Montana.. You don’t really hear much about Montana…. Haha

Anyways, I have been thinking about Birthday’s & Christmas.. We bought DD#1 her iPhone 5c (which is her early 16th birthday present) and we just bought DD#2 her iPhone5c (as her early 13th birthday present)  so I am basically FINISHED with their birthdays – whooohooo!!

Anywho, do you guys feel that buying gift cards for all four kids would be fine? Like get a couple from their favorite stores so that they can go and buy what they want with their own money?  Would that be good for Christmas?

Then another thing, I know DS will be turning 10 in January and he is the only one in our home that still believes in Santa Claus. Do you believe that this is possibly the year that he stops believing? I can’t remember exactly when the girls figured it out. But SD (she is 10) already knows (she found out last year when her Mom "let it slip" that he wasn't real). And after they stop believing in Santa – does the Santa gifts usually stop?

Ok enough rambling.. 

I appreciate you listening :)

by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LivinDeadGurl
Not feeling well today. Just want to curl up and sleep.
Yesterday at 5:29 PM
by Maranda on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I know what you mean about Rockford. I was born and raised there and left in 2008. Best decision of my life...lol.

To answer your question, I think gift cards are fine.

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 26, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Once my dd doesn't believe the Santa gifts will stop. I think gift cards are a good idea, I always buy them as gifts so the recipient can buy what they want. But I also like wrapping gifts so I would get more than just gift cards. I tend to go overboard for Christmas.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:26 AM

My DD will be 10 in January as well and I think she's all done with Santa Claus ... she's been asking a lot of questions for the past 2 years.  And well my idiotic X-MIL kinda ruined it anyways when she promised DD the Easter Bunny would bring her the Monster High School and he didn't and then she bought it like 3 months later and said the easter bunny dropped in late (DUH)  Then last week she lost a tooth and wanted proof there was a tooth fairy in the morning when she saw my hand written reply, she knew instantly it was me even though I changed my penmanship !

Instead of telling your son flat out, break it to him gently or ask him questions, he's old enough and smart enough to figure it out.

As far as santa gifts are concerned, I only did the stocking and 1 present a year.  The rest were always labeled from me, or DH etc.  I will keep the stocking going because I think it's cute.  For your older kids, gift cards are probably the best idea - teenagers are so picky !!!!!!!!!!

supercarp
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Your son already knows there is no Santa. He keeps up with the charade because he may enjoy it, or he may fear that he'll get fewer presents if he says something. Or he may be afraid of hurting your feelings. But he knows already.

I always continued the stocking thing even when the kids were in college.

heather77g
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:56 PM

I appreciate everyones response and for listening to me.. :) Gift Cards it is!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)