Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

we never fight and its weird

Posted by   + Show Post

going on 1year together and my bf and i never fight. when there is a "disagreement" he just lets me win the conversation. he lets me do what i want when i want and he never complains. he literally is the type of guy you dream and want but to be honest i never know if he ever has his own opinions cuz he just agrees with me all the time. we never fight and i think its weird. or maybe im the weird one becuz i think fighting is normal? im just not use to it and it kind of worries me sometimes and im getting a bit annoyed by it. i feel sometimes just wanting to pick a fight so i can finally see his true colors how he is when hes angry

maybe i should just drop it . . . .

by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Replies (61-70):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:01 PM

That's good that you get along.....

Marimaru
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:47 PM

My husband and I don't fight.  We have conversations, and the very, very occasional argument (like, maybe one a yer).

Maybe he's a pick your battles kind of guy, and doesn't hold some of that stuff important.

If you are worried about it, tell him as much. "I just want to make sure you aren't stuffing stuff down and away that is all going to come back up later."  I think that's fair.  But don't try to piss him off just to see what happens.  

cheryltauyan
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:33 AM

When my husband and I were dating we wouldn't "fight" but we had good discussions when I disagreed about something. And he would agree that I was right. I'm glad we don't fight and yell. I'm in a happy marriage this time around.  

lacyd75
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:58 PM

I've been with SO 3yrs and we never fight. Yeah we disagree sometimes but that's it. And I know he voices his honest opinions, and I do so as well. We are just on the same page most the time. Maybe your SO chooses also to pick his battles and it just so happens he doesn't always feel some things are worth the fight.

celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM
:) good for you!

Quoting cheryltauyan:

When my husband and I were dating we wouldn't "fight" but we had good discussions when I disagreed about something. And he would agree that I was right. I'm glad we don't fight and yell. I'm in a happy marriage this time around.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:01 AM
This is true. Maybe he just knows its not worth a fight?

Quoting lacyd75:

I've been with SO 3yrs and we never fight. Yeah we disagree sometimes but that's it. And I know he voices his honest opinions, and I do so as well. We are just on the same page most the time. Maybe your SO chooses also to pick his battles and it just so happens he doesn't always feel some things are worth the fight.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Colter
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:46 PM

It sounds like you both need help with communicating.  Fightning is not normal, neither is just ignoring your feelings and giving in all the time.  You both need confidence and trust in your relationhip so that you can share your true feelings in a conversive and respectful way without actual fighting.  

Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 6, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Maybe so!

MooNFaeRie30
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:36 AM

Whilef ighting is not normal always agreeing and letting someone havet heir wayor do whatever they want is not normal either. I think disagreeing (not to the point of yelling mind you) can be healthy for a relationship because it gives you ac hance to see eachother views and to talk things through.

MsEvie68
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Girl u lucky wish my bf was quiet cause ne n him get in disagreement n he a yeller lol but I look at him n laugh in order not to jump on him n knock him out so enjoy the quiet but the quuet ones r the dangerous lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)