Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

we never fight and its weird

Posted by   + Show Post

going on 1year together and my bf and i never fight. when there is a "disagreement" he just lets me win the conversation. he lets me do what i want when i want and he never complains. he literally is the type of guy you dream and want but to be honest i never know if he ever has his own opinions cuz he just agrees with me all the time. we never fight and i think its weird. or maybe im the weird one becuz i think fighting is normal? im just not use to it and it kind of worries me sometimes and im getting a bit annoyed by it. i feel sometimes just wanting to pick a fight so i can finally see his true colors how he is when hes angry

maybe i should just drop it . . . .

by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Replies (21-30):
celestegood
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 7:25 PM
I think you are lucky. Just keep the lines of communication open, and you should be ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mileysmom331
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 7:27 PM
My DH is like that yea we have disagreements but never fights
lucyblue202
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 7:43 PM

No two people agree on EVERYTHING. It is not possible that he just has the exact same opinion as you about everything. It sounds to me like he's just not an opinionated guy. Some people are more opinionated then others. Or maybe he's the type of person that will do anything to avoid conflict. Some just hate conflict and would rather just agree with you on everything to avoid possibly starting a disagreement. Why on earth would you want to try to aggravate him enough to start a fight...that's just silly. Be happy that you never fight instead of trying to instigate him!! Fighting happens sometimes and that's normal but it's certainly better off not happening at all.

rebeccab1966
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I've been married for 15 years.  I did the same thing, picked fights because my husband is very laid back and sweet.  It's not worth it and can be very damaging.  Enjoy it.  My parents loved to argue and its what I was used to, so I thought he was weird. 

.Peaches.
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:35 AM

My ex husband was like that. Well, in the beginning.

Personally, it got on my nerves, him always agreeing with me and everything- I can't stand a 'yes' man. He had no backbone at all and it showed not too far into our marriage. Some men go into relationships thinking that if they let their girlfriend or wife just have her way all the time, it'll make things smoother, but then what you've got is a man with seemingly no backbone and no passion about anything. I'd rather have a man tell me 'No' sometimes and push for some of the things he wants in life.

Fighting isn't normal, and I'm not sure why you'd want that in a relationship. Its normal to disagree and try to take steps to get to a place where you two can agree on something where you both win.

Smoore922
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:21 PM

As long as he isn't just holding all his anger in and waiting to explode, you should be thankful. My husband and I rarely fight and when we do its more of a short, heated conversation that gets resolved quickly, COMMUNICATION is key to a successful relationship. Fighting is not normal, talking is normal.

mycutepup
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:09 PM

We don't fight we TALK. A LOT! Even sibling who lived and were raised by the same parents for many years have different opinions and ideas. I feel that it is important that those ideas are shared and opinions respected. My husband and I are both very strong-willed but hardly fight but we talk almost everyday! 

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Keep him!!!

othermom
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:57 AM

My husband and I rarely fight. We talk things through usually

jessicasmom1
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:04 AM

count your blessings .. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)