Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

we never fight and its weird

Posted by   + Show Post

going on 1year together and my bf and i never fight. when there is a "disagreement" he just lets me win the conversation. he lets me do what i want when i want and he never complains. he literally is the type of guy you dream and want but to be honest i never know if he ever has his own opinions cuz he just agrees with me all the time. we never fight and i think its weird. or maybe im the weird one becuz i think fighting is normal? im just not use to it and it kind of worries me sometimes and im getting a bit annoyed by it. i feel sometimes just wanting to pick a fight so i can finally see his true colors how he is when hes angry

maybe i should just drop it . . . .

by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Replies (31-40):
kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM
My husband and I have been married for 19 years in 4 days and we never fight.
JannyLynn410
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM

It may seem odd being in a relationship where you don't fight when it's what you're used to. Going from stupid high school relationships with little petty arguments to the relationship that I have with my husband was a complete change. I dated guys who would pick fights over anything and I got used to it. Now that I'm with my husband, we rarely fight. If we do disagree on something we end up making up like 10 minutes later cause we can't stand it.

All that crap about working hard in a relationship is bullcrap. It's the ones that come so easy that you need to be thankful for. Just be glad that you don't fight and don't try to start any.

Tricia76
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:14 AM

He may be that way or it could be a sign he just don't give a rats patootie..but I don't know..but I'd be like you are and be wondering what the heck.

CutieCrab
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Yep!

Quoting supercarp:

Fighting is not normal and neither is just giving in all the time. What is normal is talking things out and not getting angry and calling names.

SourRoses
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Seriously?

Quoting goddess99:

I agree. Fighting is not normal.

Quoting Jinxed8:

count your blessings !!! 

MinglingMom
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:58 AM

DH and I have been together for 6 years (married for 3) and we never fight. We may argue about certain things but we always talk things out. I'd be more worried about him not having an opinion than if we never faught.

lovelychaos13
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

yet disagreements, and clashing on some things are completely normal, you are 2 individuals  not clones of eachother, it is notmal to disagree and not see eye to eye on some things, we are human we are not perfect we are not all 100% exactly the same.

he may just rather aviod confrontation, not want to rock the boat, but over time bottling things up he may end up exploding and then feeling the only solution is to take off. but also he may be using you to form his own identiy for who he feels he is, kinda like a copy cat, even women do it too. try so much to force things to have more in common to feel  even more perfect for eachother, yet our differances can bring us together as well areas i lack in , my dh complements me on, theres the potental to help complete eachother but its a matter of what way you go with it, you can have it divide a relationship or you can have it help it grow and flourish. thinking like hey i suck in this area but hes great at it, it balances it out.

in a way i dont reccomend testing eachother or making the other jump through hoops, most the time when people are testing the other in a relationship they know plenty of wrong answers but not always to good or best ones.

this would be a test of sorts, give him a specific date, like a going out together date, and  have him plan it out all by himself with no suggestions from you, no input or ideas. hes used to just putting it on you to decide everything and just going with it. this will place control entirely on him, hes gotta figure it out and plan it. (yeah its kinda lazy of him to just default  saying whatever you want and not having to do anything but go with it) basically by his planning a date hes got to just surprize you. just dont expect to 100% love or agree with it all, its more your turn to bend to somthing of his choosing. but to try and thwart the same old things you usually do, tell him to come up with somthing new he would like for you to try or go do, somthing he would like to introduce you to so to speak. just go with it on the date when it comes. his having to take an active role in planing it is alot to suddenly do . you might not see eye to eye but oh well its somthing new somthing hes done himself so its important to value  his opening that up.

Quoting goddess99:

I agree. Fighting is not normal.

Quoting Jinxed8:

count your blessings !!! 

JocelynMoods
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not normal to fight but it is normal to have disagreements. I really don't think he would agree with every single thing. Maybe ask his opinion before you give yours. If he always says he doesn't care or whatever you think then something is wierd.

countrygirlkat
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I wouldn't pick a fight just to pick one because that is childish.  I would however talk to him about how you value his opinion and would like his input.  You could also work on not giving your opinion so readily and asking for his before telling him which way you are leaning. 

zachsmom19
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 2:18 PM
This

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

My husband is the exact same way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)